Chad Thomas?

GAhurricane

Recruit
Is he staying or what? SIAP, but I havent seen anything about him, and it seemed almost like a foregone conclusion at the start of the season that this would be his last year.

Advertisement
i thought [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz reported he was staying,,and then chad went on twitter or instigram and said- i never said that?

Advertisement
I think we got accustomed to Golden having random press conferences for JAG Juniors to announce they were staying. One of the used car salesman's many tricks to try to convince the fans that the program was going in the right direction.

I think we got accustomed to Golden having random press conferences for JAG Juniors to announce they were staying. One of the used car salesman's many tricks to try to convince the fans that the program was going in the right direction.

Stalking twitter is a much better source....

i thought [MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION]rariz reported he was staying,,and then chad went on twitter or instigram and said- i never said that?

Chad laid down a pretty nasty dis track about Peter

Advertisement
Unlike Kaaya he's not ok getting drafted in the 5th round

Kayya has started 3 full seasons.. He is what he is at this point. You guys think another off-season was going to result in a guy leaping up 5 rounds with a loaded QB class next year?

Unlike Kaaya he's not ok getting drafted in the 5th round

Kayya has started 3 full seasons.. He is what he is at this point. You guys think another off-season was going to result in a guy leaping up 5 rounds with a loaded QB class next year?
Yep if guys like Davis Webb and Mitch trubisky are 2 of the top quarterbacks in the class now is the time to go

lol its funny people don't want Kaaya as our QB anymore, yet they think him leaving early is a bad idea.

Advertisement
As much as I love Chad Thomas as a player and a prospect I think he's still got a lot of work to do, particularly on his pass rush. (which is obviously very important to the NFL these days) He's great against the run though.

He struggles to get around the edge and often finds himself engaged with Offensive Tackles way too often. He's been like this since high school if you think about it. Go back to a lot of his pass rush videos during camps and you'll see him bull rushing Tackles and trying to bully his way to the QB.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnhlA_IJiRk

He still displays these habits, only that stuff doesn't work on this level. (as was the case in the WVU game where their OT stoned him several times)
The two years he spent under Golden really hurt his development IMO. I think he needs another year with Kool to learn how to press the edge and have confidence in his athleticism.

So have we left out any remaining player from our roster to speculate on their whereabouts?
Our fans seem to have this fetish with our players leaving the program early via NFL draft, transfer,
scholarship cut,etc.

Weird.

Advertisement
As much as I love Chad Thomas as a player and a prospect I think he's still got a lot of work to do, particularly on his pass rush. (which is obviously very important to the NFL these days) He's great against the run though.

He struggles to get around the edge and often finds himself engaged with Offensive Tackles way too often. He's been like this since high school if you think about it. Go back to a lot of his pass rush videos during camps and you'll see him bull rushing Tackles and trying to bully his way to the QB.

He still displays these habits, only that stuff doesn't work on this level. (as was the case in the WVU game where their OT stoned him several times)
The two years he spent under Golden really hurt his development IMO. I think he needs another year with Kool to learn how to press the edge and have confidence in his athleticism.

Hes a Lamarr Houston type player. Never going to be great in the pass rush.
But another year under kool and he can turn what was already a very good junior year to an Great senior year, like what Corn did.

Last edited:

He doesn't have any "bend" or "lean" coming around the corner. He needs a hellava lot of figure eight drills this offseason...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

He doesn't have any "bend" or "lean" coming around the corner. He needs a hellava lot of figure eight drills this offseason...

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Exactly.

You look at Jackson and he already displays that natural bend that Chad Thomas hasn't showed since he's been here. I don't necessarily think he's incapable of doing it, I just think maybe it's a mind thing with him.

Advertisement
Back