Chad Thomas update

D

deleted3746

-Has attended Golden's camp 2 years in a row
-Says the coaches hit him up and said it would be great for him to come through
-Says he didn't want to be the guy who walked around the field and watched everybody else
-Says he had to get work in himself and he competed in everything he did
-Says he feels he had a solid performance but he learned some things too
-Says the competition was good between the OL and DL
-Says the coaches told him they like how he works
-Says the coaches told him it was great he was out there dominating instead of just sitting around
-Thomas respected the fact that Jethro kept the recruiting pitch to a minimum and focused on football
-Says it wasn't about recruiting, it was about coaching and Jethro did that all day
-Says he knew what to expect, Jethro showed them how he is when it is time to get down and dirty
-Says he doesn't know a lot of other recruits outisde of BTW
-Says he ran into Mike Smith, who is his homeboy
-Says he was close by when Smith committed
-Says it's not going to change his mind but he was excited for Smith to pick Miami
-Only planned event going forward is The Opening
-Says Miami is one of his top schools but it isn't much of a competition right now
-Says he is about to get focused on the season so they can win state again
-Claims offers from: Arkansas, Duke, Florida, Florida State, Illinois, Louisville, LSU, Marshall, Miami, Mississippi State, N.C. State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UCF, and West Virginia

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/DE-Chad-Thomas-Had-Football-Focus-at-Miami-136362

Advertisement
-Thomas respected the fact that Jethro kept the recruiting pitch to a minimum and focused on football
-Says it wasn't about recruiting, it was about coaching and Jethro did that all day
-Says Miami is one of his top schools but it isn't much of a competition right now

Love these three points.

'Cane On

"Says Miami is one of his top schools but it isn't much of a competition right now" I don't understand what that means. Does anyone have more insight?

"Says Miami is one of his top schools but it isn't much of a competition right now" I don't understand what that means. Does anyone have more insight?

I think it means he likes Miami a lot but he didn't take recruiting seriously so there's isn't really Top Schools...

Advertisement
Means he hasnt visited anywhere else yet so no competition yet. Atleast thats how i took it.

My take on it is he's not really going to begin to truly start eliminating and making lists until the season is over. He's open to things but its not his major priority right now.

Thomas has visited Miami at least 5 times this year alone, has never visited an OOS school, and has only visited Miami since July 2012.

Advertisement
Appreciate the updates TK! any idea on when he plans to commit? His he going to wait for NSD or an All-American game?

kid i sthe long ,quick end that we need.

BEAST.

Guys like him should get the staffs FULL ATTENTION...the rest of the year.....

These the type that needs to be Golden's personal recruits...quite frankly i DONT want Jethro all over him.....

He needs to be a Golden Personal....maybe No Frio...but please get Mr.Franklin away ASAP.

Thomas has visited Miami at least 5 times this year alone, has never visited an OOS school, and has only visited Miami since July 2012.

I could be wrong but wasn't he at louisville a while ago, and god I wish that visiting meant something, we've had guys on campus so many times who jus are like ehhhh **** it

I'll tell you what Miami needs to do. They need to keep after him but not to count on him or any other of these South Fl. kids. There's a trend toward the SEC and it has to run it's course. These kids talk to each other and what seems cool they will follow. Moten, Clark, and Michel commiting early is ridiculous. Staff needs to play the numbers game and travel the country looking for quality kids and be in a position to take the hits that will come at the end of the recruiting cycle. I doubt this kid ends up here. I don't have a single reason for saying that except we have been having these Miami lock kids break our hearts for three years now.

Advertisement

I could be wrong but wasn't he at louisville a while ago, and god I wish that visiting meant something, we've had guys on campus so many times who jus are like ehhhh **** it

So true. Kids can visit us 15 times their senior year and still commit elsewhere come NSD. It's almost like visiting UM is more of a social event than visits to other schools.

Last edited:
I'll tell you what Miami needs to do. They need to keep after him but not to count on him or any other of these South Fl. kids. There's a trend toward the SEC and it has to run it's course. These kids talk to each other and what seems cool they will follow. Moten, Clark, and Michel commiting early is ridiculous. Staff needs to play the numbers game and travel the country looking for quality kids and be in a position to take the hits that will come at the end of the recruiting cycle. I doubt this kid ends up here. I don't have a single reason for saying that except we have been having these Miami lock kids break our hearts for three years now.
This ^^^^

No one knew those kids (except sony) were going to commit this early, clark was a huge surprise, even the gator writers were surprised about his commit, these kids are trendy, though i do think something is up with clarks out of the blue commit

Advertisement
Appreciate the updates TK! any idea on when he plans to commit? His he going to wait for NSD or an All-American game?

I haven't read anything about when he'll announce or I did and just forgot.

He has never visited an OOS school. His cousin Jermaine Reve plays for Louisville though.

So what you're saying is, he's committing to Georgia?

Anything is possible. If I had to guess, I'd say it will either be Miami, FSU, LSU, or Lousiville. No knowledge at all, just guessing.

Advertisement
Back