Chad Thomas post Spring Practice (praising Coach Melvin)

Paranos

All-ACC
Very interesting statement from Chad Thomas about how UM's Dline Coach Melvin is more hands on an technical than Jethro Franklin was. I really like Thomas's quote about how the Dline gives them (the Oline) that work in every drill they do together.

[video=youtube;1_u4dpafnG4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_u4dpafnG4[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement
The guy is a good coach he's prolly like a DL version of what Fisch just don't sent him out Crootin... That's not a strength at all which is fine I want good coaches

Advertisement
So, the guy we got from FIU is an upgrade on the guy Al brought from Temple to coach the DL ...

But nobody would be a better DB coach than the guy Al brought from Temple?

Melvin is an old Gray Beard. IMO, he's an upgrade over Jethro and has a much deeper Resume. Multiple NFL teams. Let's see the result before we bury or crown him. I will tell you that if we can't win with AQM, and Chad Thomas at DE with Jenkins/Moten/Wych/Hertelou inside it's bad. Not saying that crew is top 5 type talent, but it's 10+ win talent.

The guy we lost went to the NFL. His replacement was fired by the Patriots AFTER they won a Super Bowl and we stole him from Ron Turner. I can see where you would say that they new guy is better than the old guy.

Jethro was a buffoon. Thought he was ***king funny. That comment he made about wanting more money then maybe his guys will get sacks or whatever was ***** made.

This dude Melvin at least knows what a DE and DT should do and look like. Dude has been coaching for longer than most on this board have been alove. Multiple NFL teams too.

Advertisement
Yeah get a sack bro.

ZrBsOM3.gif

Doesn't matter if Al continues to not allow penetration into the backfield and insist on "dancing with the stars" defense.

Advertisement
Yeah get a sack bro.

The Golden disciples never miss an opportunity to throw a kid under the bus.

Thomas is an absolute beast, with ridiculous athleticism. It's an indictment of our defensive scheme that he was essentially invisible all last year. All you need to do is unleash this guy off the edge and he would wreak havoc. Just a tragic waste of talent thus far.

Advertisement
Wonder if he'll listen to coach to get a real haircut! Hate that Medusa hair style! Especially Malcolm Lewis, who'd hire him other than a raggae record shop?

Advertisement
Back