Chad Thomas Now A 5-Star on Rivals

Advertisement
Beat me to it!!! Now the #4 DE #1 WDE, and #26 player nationally!

Highest 6.1 rating.

The last two new five-stars are both weakside defensive ends, and both moved ahead of Norcross, Ga., end Lorenzo Carter at the position. Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington star Chad Thomas and Arlington (Texas) Martin standout Myles Garrett both earned the fifth star with outstanding play this season, while Carter fell 35 slots to No. 48 and lost his fifth star.

Chad Thomas earned a fifth star and the top spot among weakside defensive ends.

"With Thomas, this is a kid who plays with an edge and aggression. He was playing defensive tackle for the most part and always got a push and pursued well down the line. That, along with the pass rushing ability we saw this summer, really impressed me," Farrell said.

Chad Thomas, a Miami commitment, moved up 26 slots to No. 26 overall, and Codrington has seen why as much as anyone.

"Thomas has been a force all season long, and he hasn't pressed when facing double teams or with the action flowing away from him. We've been impressed with his ability to slide down to play defensive tackle and hold his own against bigger opponents," Codrington said. "He has notched 57 tackles, eight sacks and one forced fumble as a senior. He plays with a flat back and doesn't fire off the ball too high. In addition to his speed he understands playing with proper alignment."

- See more at: http://miami.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1582469#sthash.lnTK32nM.dpuf

Last edited:
every interview when he talks about miami he says "us". i hope that sticks. lol

He got a 5th star, but he actually dropped from 3rd to 4th at his position. How do you drop and gain a star?

Advertisement
Good for Chad. Kid works very hard at his craft. Also really good he's been sort of a mentor for d jack since he started playing. Probably decreased his learning curve quite a bit.

fire coach d and jethro, they cant recruit. jk you deserve a 5th star when you dominate south florida not when u are in nevada like grimble was. this is well-deserved

Which site is it that hands out 5 stars to like 30 kids..Is it Rivals or Scout? Cant remember. Anyway, this kid deserves it more then anyone. Should be a 5 star across the board.

Advertisement
Which site is it that hands out 5 stars to like 30 kids..Is it Rivals or Scout? Cant remember. Anyway, this kid deserves it more then anyone. Should be a 5 star across the board.

Scout hands out tons of 5 stars. Rivals is a bit more selective.

Congrats to Chad. I'm so excited to get this class in here working! Its gonna be the class that helps us turn the corner.

fire coach d and jethro, they cant recruit. jk you deserve a 5th star when you dominate south florida not when u are in nevada like grimble was. this is well-deserved

Barrow is his primary and Coley is his secondary.

Advertisement
Congrats to Chad on his 5th star

Other Commits and Targets Rivals 100 Ranking Notes for those who are interested. I keep track of all the guys that we target, win and lose. I love college football in general, but mostly I get bored easily and I have access to data tools at work.

Joseph Yearby: Dropped from 48 to 54 overall. Dropped from 6th to 8th RB in country and dropped from 6 to 7 in Florida
Dalvin Cook: Dropped from 28 to 30 Overall. Dropped from 5th to 6th RB in country and dropped from 2nd to 4th in Florida (Scarbrough, Michel, C. Thomas)
Sony Michel: Dropped from 8 to 14 overall. Is now 3rd ranked RB behind Fournette and Racean Thomas (Auburn) and 2nd Ranked in FL behind Bo Scarbrough (Bama)

Ermon Lane: Dropped from 34 to 44 overall. Dropped from 4th ranked WR to 6th ranked WR and fell from 4th in Florida to 6th (Was jumped by Travis Rudolph as best WR in FL). Lane started out as #2 WR in the country and the 3rd best prospect in FL. He was rated #30 overall in the spring.
Travis Rudolph: Jumped from 77 to 42 overall. Jumped from 11th ranked WR to 5th and is now ranked 5th in Florida up from 10th. He is now best WR in the state. He started unranked and is now the 42nd best player in the country

Kc McDermott: Dropped from 45 overall to 52nd. Dropped from 5th OT overall to 6th and went from 6th to 7th in the state. Kc started the year ranked 5th and has gone up and down a few spots each ranking cycle. This **** doesn't make sense to me; he was jumped by an OT from Iowa :eekeyes:
Damian Prince: Still a 5 star. Still 10 overall, 1 in his state (MD) and 2nd best OT in the country (recently included Miami in his Top 5 with UF, FSU, Maryland and USCe)

Chad Thomas: Gained his 5th star and jumped from 52 to 26 in the nation. He will be the #1 Weak Side Defensive End in the class and is now #3 in the state. C. Thomas started out ranked in the 200's

Kentavious Street: Dropped one spot to 17th overall. He is still the 2nd best Strong Side Defensive End in the nation and is #2 in North Carolina behind Elijah Hood (UNC). He is still considering us and will visit before signing day. NCState leads.

Treon Harris: Harris is now being ranked as a dual threat quarter back by Rivals. He jumped to 61 in the nation from 122. He is the #3 DTQB in the nation and the 8th best player in FL, up from 16.

Miami has 3 top 100 recruits according to Rivals: Chad Thomas, Kc McDermott and Joe Yearby. We are in it for a few more and there will be one more ranking change after the all-star games. You're welcome

Scout hands out tons of 5 stars. Rivals is a bit more selective.

Congrats to Chad. I'm so excited to get this class in here working! Its gonna be the class that helps us turn the corner.

Rivals is more selective but Scout recently became more selective too. Scout's 5 stars used to just be the top 50 recruits but for the last two years it now fluctuates with 40ish last year and 30ish this year.

We may actually finish with a top 5 class afterall. Hopefully some of our current 2/3 star guys get bumped up as well (Owens, Jackson, Smith, Wyche, etc).

Advertisement
Not a surprise, boy is a beast and will be a contributor day one.

I think Smith, Jackson, and Owens will be upgraded star wise too

He got a 5th star, but he actually dropped from 3rd to 4th at his position. How do you drop and gain a star?

Hasn't been properly updated. It happens every update week with Rivals til the three stars are released at the end of the week. They used to update it that way and you could see how others moved up just by checking the positional rankings. So you could see the movement in the 250 n three stars before they were released.

Advertisement
Back