Chad seems to have hated his Bama visit...

@CTCane I couldn't agree with you more. I live in NYC but I bleed Orange and Green. I read these boards to try to get some information I can't get elsewhere. But what I've found is so many so called "Hurricanes" fans on this board are a bunch of self loathing, crybaby whiners who basically hate their own team. I am also a Jets fan and despite the fact that I root for a team that probably won't ever win in my lifetime, myself and most of that fan base LOVE our team and have a 1000% more pride for that team than a lot of the posters on this board have for the Canes. Just by reading this board alone, I would think that The U has never won a National Championship and is coming off a 3 win season. If recruits ever read this board, no one would ever commit to play for the Canes.

It's the way it is with Miami fans.
In the mid 90's I was on a 3 month marketing contract in Chicago and Bears' fans would tell me things like, "It must be great to be a Miami sports fan. Shula is going to become the all time winningest coach. Marino is one of the greatest qb's of all time. The Canes are great."

I would shake my head and tell them the truth, that all you hear is that Shula and Marino should be fired because they can't win and that Erickson sucks and can only win with Jimmy's players.

Miami fans are the worst, fair weather, pusssies out there.
We have a top 10 recruiting class, and all you hear is, "Golden sucks, because we don't have a better recruiting class."
If we had the #1 class half of you would still whine, "But we still missed out on that player I really liked."

Are times economically, socially and culturally that bad in Miami to make 90% of your psyches perpetually half empty?
With your crappy attitudes you wonder why kids can't wait to get the **** out of Miami?

Advertisement
@CTCane I couldn't agree with you more. I live in NYC but I bleed Orange and Green. I read these boards to try to get some information I can't get elsewhere. But what I've found is so many so called "Hurricanes" fans on this board are a bunch of self loathing, crybaby whiners who basically hate their own team. I am also a Jets fan and despite the fact that I root for a team that probably won't ever win in my lifetime, myself and most of that fan base LOVE our team and have a 1000% more pride for that team than a lot of the posters on this board have for the Canes. Just by reading this board alone, I would think that The U has never won a National Championship and is coming off a 3 win season. If recruits ever read this board, no one would ever commit to play for the Canes.

In the mid 90's I was on a 3 month marketing contract in Chicago and Bears' fans would tell me things like, "It must be great to be a Miami sports fan. Shula is going to become the all time winningest coach. Marino is one of the greatest qb's of all time. The Canes are great."

I would shake my head and tell them the truth, that all you hear is that Shula and Marino should be fired because they can't win and that Erickson sucks and can only win with Jimmy's players.

We have a top 10 recruiting class, and all you hear is, "Golden sucks, because we don't have a better recruiting class."
If we had the #1 class half of you would still whine, "But we still missed out on that player I really liked."

Are times economically, socially and culturally that bad in Miami to make 90% of your psyches perpetually half empty?
With your crappy attitudes you wonder why kids can't wait to get the **** out of Miami?

This is true. Even in the Coker Halcyon days when we had the HIGHEST ranked classes on paper at UM ever, there was still complaining about "we missed on this kid" and we didnt get "this guy". And "why didnt we offer ***". Ever since the internet recruiting circus took off its been like this.

I miss the 90s when people were just excited to have a forum to talk about prospects and get some intel before signing day. Now its a multi year endless saga of obsessing over the tweets and chaning minds of teenage kids and flipping out over ever up and down. Big picture. People need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

If we lose Chad...

87.gif

****ing child stalkers......

what the **** are you doing here if that's what you perceive it as? And if this is "child stalking"...then why do you follow the biggest child stalker in the biz in Pete??

I do not follow anyone sir....Pete is a so called writer on a site that I belong too and pretty sure he actually speaks with a few of the recruits ...flat out following these kids on twitter 24/7 is beyond hilarious....I understand the need for information that sad part 95% is bull****..... I guess being played has new meanings today

Advertisement

I agree that the doomsdayers get annoying, but fans like you, who are all hunky dory with mediocrity are the other end of the annoying spectrum. A top ten class is great and all, but not when you were in the top 3 just a few weeks ago. It would be one thing if it were an isolated incident, but its a pattern. Miami started off the season strong and sputtered at the end. The staff has a closing problem. And to call out the fans that point this out is burying your head in the sand.

I agree that the doomsdayers get annoying, but fans like you, who are all hunky dory with mediocrity are the other end of the annoying spectrum. A top ten class is great and all, but not when you were in the top 3 just a few weeks ago. It would be one thing if it were an isolated incident, but its a pattern. Miami started off the season strong and sputtered at the end. The staff has a closing problem. And to call out the fans that point this out is burying your head in the sand.

Generally speaking, I think one of the bigger problems on the board is that people who aren't *****ing all the time are assumed to be accepting mediocrity, happy with Golden or "slurpers". And then threads get derailed, turn to insults etc and go nowhere.

Advertisement
If we lose this kid, the class goes from a B+ to a C-. I love our current recruits, but that is how big a deal this kid is.

I'm never satisfied with anything less then the best.
I've been a Cane since Saban and have seen the many highs and lows.
I'm also a realist and realize that the current staff inherited a bottom tier program.
Yeah, I said it because it's true.
Randy left the cupboard bare, and what was in the cupboard was weak and entitled.

You don't do a 180 in a year, especially when, months after you make a change, ever news outlet is screaming "Death Penalty!"
And you have to wait 3 years with a sword at your throat to get an answer.

For those of you who think we would never have gotten the death penalty, you are naive.

We were within the 5 year time frame, and if you look at SMU, you will see that we pretty much did the same **** thing.
We were on probation when Shapiro started his gifting.
Basically we did like SMU and laughed at the NCAA and kept right on trucking.

We were guilty as sin of all of it. You know it. I know it, and our school knew it.
You don't self impose what we did without believing the worst of it.

This is what we've had to deal with since Al got here.

What did you expect?
Top 10 in everything?

We are lucky to have a program for you haters to biitch about.
We've gone from 6 wins to 7 wins to 9 wins in the absolute worst possible environment imagineable.
The absolute worst.

Yet all you haters can do is whine and complain.

I don't accept mediocrity and neither does any true Canes' fan, but I can accept reality, and I don't wish upon stars.
Takes hard work and talent.
Exactly what our staff and team preach.
Love them or hate them, but if you are truly a fan, you support them.

Advertisement

This is true. Even in the Coker Halcyon days when we had the HIGHEST ranked classes on paper at UM ever, there was still complaining about "we missed on this kid" and we didnt get "this guy". And "why didnt we offer ***". Ever since the internet recruiting circus took off its been like this.

I miss the 90s when people were just excited to have a forum to talk about prospects and get some intel before signing day. Now its a multi year endless saga of obsessing over the tweets and chaning minds of teenage kids and flipping out over ever up and down. Big picture. People need to take a step back and look at the big picture.

Don't entirely disagree. Just had to point out that the complaining with Coker's classes often had to do with the multiple years we'd go without signing a kid at a position--kind of what we have seen with the DT position in recent years. Sometimes, the complaints were pretty darn valid, irrespective of the final ranking of the class.

Advertisement
Back