Chad Morris

canefan

Freshman
Banned
I was banging the drum for years about UM hiring Malzhan, they missed out.

They better hire Morris after this season. His system with Dade kids, all the points.

Advertisement
Does his offense work with QBs who aren't mobile? Kaaya and Allison don't strike me as dual threat.

I'm also not sure he'll leave Texas ...

But yeah, so far, dude looks like he will be a legit HC. And SMU is located in a pretty fertile recruiting area, too ...

Does his offense work with QBs who aren't mobile? Kaaya and Allison don't strike me as dual threat.

But yeah, so far, dude looks like he will be a legit HC. And SMU is located in a pretty fertile recruiting area, too ...

Tajh Boyd wasn't a big runner.

Advertisement
Everyone knew this guy had star written all over him from his early days at Clemson. **** be on everyone's list come seasons end... Except MIAMI. No brainer hire.

Will be interesting to see how SMU finishes the season.

If they can rebound from this loss, Morris might consider moving to a program that isn't the 5th or 6th best program in the state ...

Will be interesting to see how SMU finishes the season.

If they can rebound from this loss, Morris might consider moving to a program that isn't the 5th or 6th best program in the state ...

you never know.. Strong and Sumlin could be out the door in the near future. I could see Morris getting the Texas job

I'm guessing the the seasons A&M and Texas have will play a role in what Morris does.

If Strong and Sumlin are on shaky ground, Morris will definitely get a look in a season or 2.

But if those jobs are secure, I can't see Morris staying there.

Advertisement

Tajh Boyd wasn't a big runner.

Still considerably more mobile than Kaaya. Kaaya has pocket moibility, where as Boyd was athletic? I guess would be the correct term.

I think Malzahn is on a higher level. Still curious to see what Morris does this season, though.

SMU and Houston will be the next two into the Big 12 to get to a conference championship game. Morris ain't going anywhere.

Advertisement
I think Malzahn is on a higher level. Still curious to see what Morris does this season, though.

You think the SEC and Bear Bryant coach of the year might be better than SMUs winless head coach?

Based on what?

Thanks in advance for your input.

SMU and Houston will be the next two into the Big 12 to get to a conference championship game. Morris ain't going anywhere.

Everything I've read says that's not accurate. The Big 12 expansion would not add teams from Texas. The teams most mentioned are Boise State, Cincinnati, and UCF.

Cincy and UCF would be great for their TV geography and give WVU a natural rival. Boise would instantly give them another top 25 football program, with an established brand.

The Big 12 already has the state locked up with Texas, Baylor, and TCU. Why would they add 2 more Texas schools??

Unless Morris can move to 1 of the bigger schools in Texas, he would be "settling" to stay at SMU, IMO.

But who knows? Maybe Morris' ceiling is OC, and he won't do much at SMU?

I'm still interested, because of his ACC connection and his style of offense.

Advertisement

You think the SEC and Bear Bryant coach of the year might be better than SMUs winless head coach?

Based on what?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Someone made a comparison to them as up-and-comers - with the obvious connection to their technical (coaching) prowess. Since you seemingly decided to attempt to be a snide ****, let me make it abundantly clear for you: I was discussing them as technical coaches. Not on win-loss results or statistical accomplishments, etc. If you have anything to actually contribute, COME AT ME, BRO.

Advertisement
Back