CFP rankings at 7

Historical evidence? I can prove you wrong with one sentence.

An undefeated Alabama or Georgia, plus an undefeated Wisconsin, would put undefeated Miami at #3 .

See how easy that was?

And I haven't even gotten started on the SIX 1-loss teams ahead of us currently, or the THREE 1-loss teams immediately behind us, several of which could push us anywhere from 5th to 7th.

You base your entire argument on 3 wins by Miami which, while impressive with today's rankings, could look very different in a month (and one of which would not even happen if we face NC State in Charlotte).

Again, that is the VERY DEFINITION of "not everything being in Miami's control".

Miami will pass Wisconsin by next Tuesday with a win this week. Tell me that wasn't your strong finish.

If Miami runs the table, we are a lock along with the SEC champion.

Why? Because you say so?

If Miami beats VaTech, at home, with a last second FG...and Wisconsin goes on the road and destroys Indiana...

Then the CFP Committee will keep Wisconsin ahead of us. Our win will just continue to prove the biased narrative, that Miami can't dominate anyone, that we are winning with luck. And Wisconsin has already been evaluated with 8 weak victories, so what is one more?

Advertisement
You wanna know why the dopey committee is full of **** and has out-thought itself? Alabaga is clearly and unequivocally the best team in college football this year. They’d decapitate anyone else right now. They toy with opponents like Travis did Charla Nash.

If you’ve watched all the teams play you’d know this. The dopey committee is trying to justify its role in this dumb 4 team playoff, so they do stupid **** like put Georgia in front of Alabaga.

Baga would defecate on Georgia's front porch, call its wife a smelly cvnt and then **** in their childrens' cheerios and Georgia would do nothing about it

But a 2 team SEC playoff picture gets the talking heads harder than Pamela Anderson did Borat, so they'll continue to do what they do

If you want to play semantics, it's possible for Miami to win out and not make the playoff but it's incredibly highly unlikely. An undefeated champion from a power 5 conference is a 99% shoo-in.

According to ESPN's FPI, Miami has a 2% chance of finishing the regular season undefeated. That and the championship game should be enough, but it is not, as has been demonstrated ad nauseam. It is irrelevant how highly unlikely a scenario is that an undefeated Miami team could be left out is. The whole point of the argument is that that scenario exists at all solely because of these bogus CFP rankings that put Miami behind 6 one loss teams, three of which lost to unranked opponents.

The only way an undefeated P5 conference champion should ever be outside the polls should be a scenario where all 5 are undefeated. Only then should things like quality wins or "the eye test" come in to play.

I honestly believe if we beat VT, lose a close game to ND and the run the table including beating a top 3, 1- loss CLemson team then we get in the playoffs.

Bama
Big Ten winner
ND
Miami

Very possible. All of these mopes think that all nine teams in front of us are going undefeated.

There is so much football to be played. The fact that people get in an uproar when a poll comes out with 6 weeks to play always makes me want to vomit. That top 4 will continually change until the final week.

If Miami beats VaTech, at home, with a last second FG...and Wisconsin goes on the road and destroys Indiana...

Then the CFP Committee will keep Wisconsin ahead of us. Our win will just continue to prove the biased narrative, that Miami can't dominate anyone, that we are winning with luck. And Wisconsin has already been evaluated with 8 weak victories, so what is one more?

You're making an awful bold assumption that the committee would value a blowout win against a bad team over a close win against a ranked team. Especially since they've already put Georgia ahead of Alabama based solely on the fact that they value a nail biter victory over Notre Dame over any of Alabama's blowout wins against inferior teams.

Advertisement

You're making an awful bold assumption that the committee would value a blowout win against a bad team over a close win against a ranked team. Especially since they've already put Georgia ahead of Alabama based solely on the fact that they value a nail biter victory over Notre Dame over any of Alabama's blowout wins against inferior teams.

They've already demonstrated that they value a close loss to a team over a win against that very same team. I don't think anything is much of a stretch after seeing that. It's clear that some teams have more leeway with the committee than others when is comes to wins, losses, and style points. It is also clear that, as it relates to the previous statement, Miami falls in the "others" category.

Historically rating criteria changes weekly depending on who the flavor of the week is.in the eyes of the national media. Bottom.line is Canes win out they will be in the playoffs

They've already demonstrated that they value a close loss to a team over a win against that very same team. I don't think anything is much of a stretch after seeing that. It's clear that some teams have more leeway with the committee than others when is comes to wins, losses, and style points. It is also clear that, as it relates to the previous statement, Miami falls in the "others" category.

I assume you're talking about Clemson? I think the committee is giving them more credit for beating Auburn than they are holding the Syracuse loss against them. Not sure I agree that a team that lost to Syracuse should be ranked in the top 4 but ask yourself this: Where do you think they would have Miami had they beaten Auburn instead of Bethune Cookman in week 1?

Here's how it happens by default with no outside help required:

November 4th - Miami beats #13 Virginia Tech

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. TCU
9. Miami - passes Wisconsin who plays unranked Indiana

November 11th - Miami beats #3 Notre Dame, plus either Oklahoma or TCU has to lose
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma/ TCU winner
5. Ohio State
6. Miami - passes Notre Dame, Okl/TCU loser, and Penn State who plays unranked Rutgers and has one loss

Fast forward to Championship Saturday

Miami beats #3 Clemson, and either Alabama or Georgia has to lose.

1. Alabama/ Georgia winner
2. Ohio State IF THEY WIN THE B10
3. Big 12 winner IF IT'S A 1-LOSS TEAM
4. Miami passes Clemson and Alabama/ Georgia loser

So if we run the table, we're #4 AT MINIMUM. And to stay that low this would have to be the one year in history that there are no upsets in November.

But you guys keep trying to come up with scenarios in which 12-0 ACC Champ Miami is #6 .

Advertisement
Guy is worried about Wisconsin staying in front of us. ONLY ONE B10 TEAM CAN POSSIBLY STAY AHEAD OF US.

I assume you're talking about Clemson? I think the committee is giving them more credit for beating Auburn than they are holding the Syracuse loss against them. Not sure I agree that a team that lost to Syracuse should be ranked in the top 4 but ask yourself this: Where do you think they would have Miami had they beaten Auburn instead of Bethune Cookman in week 1?

Doesn't matter. Give Clemson our schedule and they still have a loss. It's not entirely that they lost and are ahead of us. It was a bad loss. They were never in that game. In all of our games, I never felt like we were going to lose. Watching Clemson and Syracuse, you never thought Clemson had a chance to win. They were beat up that game by a team that still has to win two of BC, Louisville, FSU, and Wake Forest before they become bowl eligible.

It's not just looking at the final scores and saying, "Well Clemson played Syracuse close and came away with a tough loss, but Miami also played Syracuse close and barely scraped by."

You have to watch the games and measure the performance. Only then would you know that Clemson was never in that game and only miraculously managed to keep it respectable, while Miami was 4 drops away from hanging 50 on Syracuse. We beat the dog**** out of Syracuse but had misfires on at least 4 scoring opportunities.

Historical evidence? I can prove you wrong with one sentence.

An undefeated Alabama or Georgia, plus an undefeated Wisconsin, would put undefeated Miami at #3 .

See how easy that was?

And I haven't even gotten started on the SIX 1-loss teams ahead of us currently, or the THREE 1-loss teams immediately behind us, several of which could push us anywhere from 5th to 7th.

You base your entire argument on 3 wins by Miami which, while impressive with today's rankings, could look very different in a month (and one of which would not even happen if we face NC State in Charlotte).

Again, that is the VERY DEFINITION of "not everything being in Miami's control".

Miami will pass Wisconsin by next Tuesday with a win this week. Tell me that wasn't your strong finish.

If Miami runs the table, we are a lock along with the SEC champion.

Why? Because you say so?

So what? Wisconsin either has to lose a game or win the whole f'ing conference. Either way, only one team from the B10 can stay in front of us. Good god. Quit acting like everyone is going to win all of their games. It is impossible.

Doesn't matter. Give Clemson our schedule and they still have a loss. It's not entirely that they lost and are ahead of us. It was a bad loss. They were never in that game. In all of our games, I never felt like we were going to lose. Watching Clemson and Syracuse, you never thought Clemson had a chance to win. They were beat up that game by a team that still has to win two of BC, Louisville, FSU, and Wake Forest before they become bowl eligible.

It's not just looking at the final scores and saying, "Well Clemson played Syracuse close and came away with a tough loss, but Miami also played Syracuse close and barely scraped by."

You have to watch the games and measure the performance. Only then would you know that Clemson was never in that game and only miraculously managed to keep it respectable, while Miami was 4 drops away from hanging 50 on Syracuse. We beat the dog**** out of Syracuse but had misfires on at least 4 scoring opportunities.

There's no need to worry about Clemson being in front of us. We will either play them or they will have lost to NC State. Clemson is a non-factor in this discussion. It is literally impossible for us to go 12-0 and remain behind Clemson.

Advertisement
I honestly believe if we beat VT, lose a close game to ND and the run the table including beating a top 3, 1- loss CLemson team then we get in the playoffs.

Bama
Big Ten winner
ND
Miami

Very possible. All of these mopes think that all nine teams in front of us are going undefeated.

There is so much football to be played. The fact that people get in an uproar when a poll comes out with 6 weeks to play always makes me want to vomit. That top 4 will continually change until the final week.

5 weeks left to play, not 6.

The top 2 teams do not play each other until the 5th weekend.

So, yeah, the "top 4" may not change much.

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. TCU

November 11th - Miami beats #3 Notre Dame, plus either Oklahoma or TCU has to lose
1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma/ TCU winner
5. Ohio State
6. Miami - passes Notre Dame, Okl/TCU loser, and Penn State who plays unranked Rutgers and has one loss

So if we run the table, we're #4 AT MINIMUM. And to stay that low this would have to be the one year in history that there are no upsets in November.

But you guys keep trying to come up with scenarios in which 12-0 ACC Champ Miami is #6 .

Suppose Wake Forest, who just beat Louisville 42-32 and also played Clemson 28-14 in Death Valley were to pull the upset this weekend. How good is that Notre Dame game looking now? We need to beat Notre Dame and Virginia Tech, AND have them win out, AND have two of the 6 one loss teams ahead of us drop another game.

Advertisement

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Notre Dame
4. Clemson
5. Oklahoma
6. Ohio State
7. Penn State
8. TCU

1. Georgia
2. Alabama
3. Clemson
4. Oklahoma/ TCU winner
5. Ohio State

Suppose Wake Forest, who just beat Louisville 42-32 and also played Clemson 28-14 in Death Valley were to pull the upset this weekend. How good is that Notre Dame game looking now? We need to beat Notre Dame and Virginia Tech, AND have them win out, AND have two of the 6 one loss teams ahead of us drop another game.

LMAO. Quit worrying about pretend scenarios that aren't going to happen. I gave you the blueprint and you still don't get it.

Clearly, you don't understand. I didn't make any "bold assumptions".

Wisconsin is already ahead of us. The knock on Miami is that we have too many close victories/escapes.

So if Wisconsin does everything Wisconsin can do (i.e., win by a large margin on the road), and Miami does "what the CFP Committee thinks we do" (i.e., win by a small, lucky margin at home), then (a) Wisconsin has not given the committee a reason to drop them, and (b) Miami has not given the committee a reason to vault them.

See how that works? It's not a "one-week analysis" of Wisconsin's big margin of victory vs. another one of Miami's lucky escapes. It is more about how the bias as to the "body of work" is confirmed for each team by each of those outcomes.

This isn't difficult. Some heel-draggers are making it so.

Also, if anybody thinks the committee or AP voters or coaches or pretty much every member of the national media actually watches every single game before making an informed decision, you're on crack. They check the scores and highlights and vote accordingly. They don't really see that Miami dominated Georgia Tech, all they see is that Miami needed a last second field goal and a 4th down desperation pass to win. Nevermind the fact that the only second half touchdown Tech scored was a BS onside kick returned for a touchdown. That is why style point DO matter, regardless of what the media and/or committee says.

There's no need to worry about Clemson being in front of us. We will either play them or they will have lost to NC State. Clemson is a non-factor in this discussion. It is literally impossible for us to go 12-0 and remain behind Clemson.

You cannot possibly consider Clemson a non-factor. Of course only one of us can win the ACC, but it is the simple fact that Clemson is ahead of us at this point, that the committee is willing to rank us below them after they lost to Syracuse, that IS the factor here. That's how bad the committee thinks we are. They think a team with a loss to 4-4 Syracuse is better than us by 7 spots. Their opinion of us is not going to dramatically change by any means other than big impressive wins over impressive opponents who remain impressive after the regular season ends, AND a few of the teams that the committee has already deemed our betters does something to prove otherwise.

Advertisement
Back