CFP committee - David Shaw article

Advertisement
Most of Shaw’s argument is excuse making for the PAC-12.

He’s basically saying their conference scheduling is tougher than the SEC because of where their bye weeks fall.

.. BUT he’s not wrong.

I think scheduling the bye week and FCS opponent later in the season is smart. And I’ve always thought Miami should schedule that way.

The BCS and CFP have proven you’re allowed to lose early, and get “hot” to end the season. Ohio State losing to Iowa isn’t what kept them out of the playoff as much as WHEN they lost to Iowa ... Because Auburn would have made the CFP if they won the SEC title game, IMO.

Most of Shaw’s argument is excuse making for the PAC-12.

He’s basically saying their conference scheduling is tougher than the SEC because of where their bye weeks fall.

.. BUT he’s not wrong.

I think scheduling the bye week and FCS opponent later in the season is smart. And I’ve always thought Miami should schedule that way.

The BCS and CFP have proven you’re allowed to lose early, and get “hot” to end the season. Ohio State losing to Iowa isn’t what kept them out of the playoff as much as WHEN they lost to Iowa ... Because Auburn would have made the CFP if they won the SEC title game, IMO.

We should never have a FCS team on our schedule. It is pathetic. At least schedule a MAC, Sun Belt or CUSA team

Advertisement
Back