CFB Live talks about our class

Look at Ole Ernie posting some bull****, then disappearing after getting called out

***gots gon ******

Advertisement
These booker t kids seem to get a good laugh about toying with the U and then going else where.

Golden just needs to win with the best we can get from south florida and there is still an overload of talent if you can evaluate well and develop players.

Once Golden can show the program can compete with the big boys on the field the locals will be begging to come back.

What I don't get is the obsession with FSU. Besides media hype they have only been marginally better over the last 8 or so years.

These booker t kids seem to get a good laugh about toying with the U and then going else where.

Golden just needs to win with the best we can get from south florida and there is still an overload of talent if you can evaluate well and develop players.

Once Golden can show the program can compete with the big boys on the field the locals will be begging to come back.

What I don't get is the obsession with FSU. Besides media hype they have only been marginally better over the last 8 or so years.

Bicho's not here?

I liked the "high ceiling for development, very few finished products" comment about the talent rich south Florida talent. Maybe Golden is on to something!!!!

I don't think you can call a class where we lost Michel, Cook, Lane, Clark, Moten, and now the Booker T kids, etc a "success."

I'd say our class right now is good, not great, considering the wealth of local talent available this year.

Frankly, I'm concerned about our recruiting, and I'm concerned about our staff's relationships with local coaches.

UM has rarely done all that well in South Florida (Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach). In 1984, Schnelly's last class, they cleaned up with Bennie Blades, Michael Irvin, Brett Perriman, Randy Shannon, Rod Carter, Bubba McDowell, Bill Hawkins, and Derwin Jones. Jimmy Johnson employed much more of a national strategy, and then Dennis Erickson was a poor recruiter. After 1984, the next really good UM class from South Florida was 1997, with Najeah Davenport, Dan Morgan, Santana Moss, and Leonard Myers.

A typical South Florida UM class for years in between might be 1987: Aaron Doyle, Robert Bailey, Matt Britton, Anthony Hamlet, Randall Hill, Herbert James, Claude Jones, Tom Moore, Eric Miller. No offense to Thrill Hill, but as a whole, this was a pretty pedestrian group.

If you doubt that this group was typical, just name another year, and I will post who we got that year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think you can call a class where we lost Michel, Cook, Lane, Clark, Moten, and now the Booker T kids, etc a "success."

I'd say our class right now is good, not great, considering the wealth of local talent available this year.

Frankly, I'm concerned about our recruiting, and I'm concerned about our staff's relationships with local coaches.

negged

I hope you get raped by a gorilla.

Advertisement

How ridiculous. So because we don't land every kid, our class is not a success? If we landed every single top S. Florida kid, the recruiting rankings would be Miami #1, then every other school in the nation, including Alabama, nowhere close to us. It's not realistic even if we didn't have the NCAA issues and the Coker/Shannon years so recently behind us.

Yeah, really, you ******* can

I also think that once we get past the NCAA bull****, and win 10+ games, that recruiting will even get better.

This, we spend too much time worrying about who we are losing and miss the fact the things are heading in a very good direction with the NCAA stench about to be over with.

Bottom Line...we are getting talked about more and more...that is a good thing, hey recruits pay attention.
Do you think Yearby watch that and says, yea Im goona still take visits or does he say I am next up at the U
This is good stuff and I expect to see more and more of it

Advertisement

Name these local coaches.

Wow! So refreshing to hear a positive review of ANYTHING we do without mentioning "the dark cloud".

Advertisement

So ******* tired of the focus on certain coaches when anybody with a ******* brain stem can see Golden has rebuilt and forged great relationships with high school coaches all across South Florida. In life, you will never please everyone so those not on board, take a hike.

So ******* tired of the focus on certain coaches when anybody with a ******* brain stem can see Golden has rebuilt and forged great relationships with high school coaches all across South Florida. In life, you will never please everyone so those not on board, take a hike.

Exactly.

I'm too fuggin lazy to search for them, but I remember reading stories in S FL papers that mentioned HS coaches seeing Al Golden more the first few months he was on the job than they saw Randy in 4 years.

There is no denying he has re-established the visibility and presence of Miami Hurricanes football in the tri-counties. That is irrefutable.

Advertisement
Back