CFB 128: Official NCAA Power Rankings Week One

Advertisement
Western Kentucky is in front of us? And Rutgers? And Temple?

We suk. But at least now, EVERYONE knows it.

That crap that Al Golden pulled in reducing the 2nd half period time to 10-min quarters plus a running clock sat badly with too many. Golden could have simply opted to play his reserves if he didn't want to "unduly expose" his starters to injury, and the reserves would have had the benefit of utilizing the full time of the quarters for their development. People really want to see Gayot, Norton, KC, Brown, and so many of the reserves that could still display highlight reel vs. BC. Media were whispering about this whole non-play strategy to conserve... Al Golden leads all NCAA coaches with running clock and 10-mins quarter games. This ain't High School ball. I mean WTF do they run in practice, flag football. Even as Golden manages to send players to the NFL, Football people and other coaches know that Golden is soft and running the program scared. Do you really think that Steve Spurrier respect Golden to give him an unearned vote when Steve first line during his bowl presser on UM is "They're that team with all the NFL talent but with only 6 wins. I can't explain it"? Golden won't get any real vote until after the 5th game provided UM keeps on winning as this Golden run team gets no benefit of the doubt anymore.

Advertisement
That crap that Al Golden pulled in reducing the 2nd half period time to 10-min quarters plus a running clock sat badly with too many. Golden could have simply opted to play his reserves if he didn't want to "unduly expose" his starters to injury, and the reserves would have had the benefit of utilizing the full time of the quarters for their development. People really want to see Gayot, Norton, KC, Brown, and so many of the reserves that could still display highlight reel vs. BC. Media were whispering about this whole non-play strategy to conserve... Al Golden leads all NCAA coaches with running clock and 10-mins quarter games. This ain't High School ball. I mean WTF do they run in practice, flag football. Even as Golden manages to send players to the NFL, Football people and other coaches know that Golden is soft and running the program scared. Do you really think that Steve Spurrier respect Golden to give him an unearned vote when Steve first line during his bowl presser on UM is "They're that team with all the NFL talent but with only 6 wins. I can't explain it"? Golden won't get any real vote until after the 5th game provided UM keeps on winning as this Golden run team gets no benefit of the doubt anymore.

So Norton or gayot or kc or brown get lost for the season and I'm sure you'd support golden

So Norton or gayot or kc or brown get lost for the season and I'm sure you'd support golden

I didn't think of that since they don't tackle in practice; these reserves and the others just play touch Football.

Problem is those guys need to see the field, and a game against BCC was the perfect time to do that.

Advertisement
For visual aid, they rank us behind: Western+Kentucky+v+Alabama+oqhjzsLdBcJl.jpg

I personally agree with the shortened game. No need to embarrass 18 - 22 yr old kids who try as hard as they can. We won 45 - 0. No need to risk more injuries.

Advertisement
If we start 4-0, we'll move way up. They'll want FSU and Miami ranked in the top 15 when we play so they can hype it up.

Advertisement
Week one is in the books, and your Official CFB 128 weekly power rankings are in! From top to bottom, we rank every major college football program! Don’t agree? Let us know, leave a comment! Watch for our weekly pick and NFL Power Rankings as well!
Ohio State Buckeyes (1-0)
Baylor Bears (1-0)
Notre Dame Fighting Irish (1-0)
Oregon Ducks (1-0)
Southern California Trojans (1-0)
Alabama Crimson Tide (1-0)
Florida State Seminoles (1-0)
TCU Horned Frogs (1-0)
Texas A&M Aggies (1-0)
Michigan State Spartans (1-0)
West Virginia Mountaineers (1-0)
Mississippi State Bulldogs (1-0)
Auburn Tigers (1-0)
Oklahoma Sooners (1-0)
Clemson Tigers (1-0)
South Carolina Gamecocks (1-0)
Ole Miss Rebels (1-0)
Georgia Bulldogs (1-0)
LSU Tigers (0-0)
Louisville Cardinals (0-1)
Wisconsin Badgers (0-1)
Tennessee Volunteers (1-0)
Arizona State Sun Devils (0-1)
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets (1-0)
Northwestern Wildcats (1-0)
UCLA Bruins (1-0)
Missouri Tigers (1-0)
Arizona Wildcats (1-0)
Arkansas Razorbacks (1-0)
Boise State Broncos (1-0)
Utah Utes (1-0)
Virginia Tech Hokies (0-1)
Temple Owls (1-0)
Stanford Cardinal (0-1)
Florida Gators (1-0)
Nebraska Cornhuskers (0-1)
Brigham Young Cougars (1-0)
North Carolina State Wolfpack (1-0)
Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-0)
Duke Blue Devils (1-0)
Minnesota Golden Gophers (0-1)
Iowa Hawkeyes (1-0)
Cincinnati Bearcats (1-0)
Michigan Wolverines (0-1)
California Golden Bears (1-0)
Oklahoma State Cowboys (1-0)
Kansas State Wildcats (1-0)
Navy Midshipmen (1-0)
Houston Cougars (1-0)
Texas Longhorns (0-1)
Western Kentucky Hilltoppers (1-0)
Miami (Fla.) Hurricanes (1-0)

Northern Illinois Huskies (1-0)
Illinois Fighting Illini (1-0)
Penn State Nittany Lions (0-1)
Louisiana Tech Bulldogs (1-0)
Marshall Thundering Herd (1-0)
Toledo Rockets (0-0)
North Carolina Tar Heels (0-1)
Pittsburgh Panthers (1-0)
Maryland Terrapins (1-0)
Kentucky Wildcats (1-0)
Boston College Eagles (1-0)
Air Force Falcons (1-0)
Memphis Tigers (1-0)
Appalachian State Mountaineers (1-0)
Ohio Bobcats (1-0)
Western Michigan Broncos (0-1)
San Diego State Aztecs (1-0)
Georgia Southern Eagles (0-1)
Bowling Green Falcons (0-1)
Iowa State Cyclones (1-0)
La.-Lafayette Ragin Cajuns (0-1)
Texas Tech Red Raiders (1-0)
Florida International Golden Panthers(1-0)
Arkansas State Red Wolves (0-1)
Washington Huskies (0-1)
Hawaii Rainbow Warriors (1-0)
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-0)
Colorado State Rams (1-0)
East Carolina Pirates (1-0)
Rice Owls (1-0)
Utah State Aggies (1-0)
Old Dominion Monarchs (1-0)
Virginia Cavaliers (0-1)
Oregon State Beavers (1-0)
Purdue Boilermakers (0-1)