CFB’s Top 25 Coaches Heading into 2024

Kirk Ferentz said **** offense and won 10 games. As a fan I would hate him but as a bystander he can't be 19.

Are U saying he’s not top 25, or r u saying per the other coaches on this list, he’s too low? Just wanna make sure I’m understanding the post fully.

Advertisement
He should be higher.

Agreed; I was just making sure we’re on the same page.

Dude doesn’t get the top end talent, but sneakily, bro has made Iowa into a NFL haven, & they’ve played for the B1G several times in the last 10 yrs alone. If that O could ever match that Def, Iowa could be a legit 10-12 win team, perennially.

I think he’s #19 b/c for every 10+ win season, it’s followed by 8-9 win seasons.

Dude doesn’t get the top end talent, but sneakily, bro has made Iowa into a NFL haven, & they’ve played for the B1G several times in the last 10 yrs alone. If that O could ever match that Def, Iowa could be a legit 10-12 win team, perennially.

I think he’s #19 b/c for every 10+ win season, it’s followed by 8-9 win seasons.
And on top of that his teams always compete and even when the talent gap is glaring you rarely if ever see them getting mopped.

Ok I’m done with the Ferentz love fest for the day because I don’t find him likable for some reason but he’s a **** good coach.

Advertisement

I would not want him to be HC at a school with resources or prestige. I put Whittingham with him as the 2 coaches that make the most out of the least.

And on top of that his teams always compete and even when the talent gap is glaring you rarely if ever see them getting mopped.

Ok I’m done with the Ferentz love fest for the day because I don’t find him likable for some reason but he’s a **** good coach.

I go to this bar during CFB season & it’s an Iowa spot. They hated his nepotism, but they love the results. They just want him to evolve to modern football, b/c they feel they have a Nat’l Title level team. I said, after a few a beers, not Nat’l Title, but CFP ready. After some arguing, they conceded.

Dude can coach & get the best out of his players…but, yeah that Offense is putrid.

Not a fan of either, but Franklin's relative success at Vandy is a arguably a greater accomplishment than anything than Corch Day has done in Columbus
The hate Franklin gets is funny, like Penn State backing up the brinks truck.

Here’s some great stats for you:
- Ryan Day is 1-4 all time as underdog
- Ryan Day is 0-2 all time vs teams with more blue chips

- Ryan day wins 89% of his games as the favorite
- James Franklin wins 90% of his games as the favorite

They’re literally the same person, one just has the biggest recruiting budget.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too high: Brian Kelly, Mike Norvell, James Franklin, Matt Rhule (dude was 5-7 last year)

Too low: Dave Doeren, Jeff Brohm, and Dabo

Not listed but should be: Marcus Freeman, Rhett Lashlee
I'd say Jonathan Smith is too high as well. Maybe he can earn his way on the list with a great season with Mich St. this season, but one impressive season his entire career ( with Or. St.) does not make him a top coach

Advertisement
Back