2023 Cedric “CJ” Baxter (c/o 2023)

I’m not worried about running back I think we will land a horse

I Guess The Breakfast Club GIF by For(bes) The Culture

Advertisement
100%

Saban doesn't give a **** about us until we prove we're legit competition and not just a flash in the pan. People gotta remember, he was Mario's head coach and knows Mario as well as any competitor out there.

Bama is still the biggest offer in the country. Others have won NC's in the Saban Era, but nobody has shown the staying power he has.

Baxter, everyone would be happy to have him. He's my number two in the country, Owens is my one. I like Young, but there's a big falloff to him for me from those two and anyone.

I'm not sure what the holdup was in the concerted effort they may be sending his way now though. I've learned to never bet against Bama recruiting if they're really on someone, but you still keep plugging away.
Nah, we're "a problem".

Last edited:
Nah, we're "a problem".

100! So is TAMU, LSU, Jortsville, USC, Miami, OSU, Georgia etc. It's the fact all potential "real" competitors can now openly do what they have done for a competitive advantage for years. All they have, which is still powerful, are championships, victories, NFL high picks and the best facilities cheating can buy.

Think wide net. If we don't get Baxter we getting somebody.
Yep, Mario is relentless plus new talent will emerge during the season like it always does. You say it a couple posts down. I have no doubt OL and our running will be right.

Advertisement
Baxter Jr. has only used one official visit to date, which was to Texas this month. He's planning to use his other visits later on in the fall, with some other trip timeline starting to materialize.

"I don't think they will all be in December because that will kind of be hard to do them all in December. I think I am going to do the one to Miami when they play Florida State. I am going to take another one by BYE week in October on the 28-29th weekend, but I don't know where it will be yet. I am probably going to decide on the Early Signing Day though."

Advertisement
Baxter was at UF again this weekend... He and his mother...

"I think they are going to win right away, but I am not sure how much they are going to win right away. I feel like when you are new it's hard to win right away, but I definitely think they will do something. I am not sure if they will be the Florida people expect from the past right away, but I think they will be a lot better. They may not have the people there yet, but they will be better. The thing they will have in year one, and I have been playing football since I was four, if you have a head coach you can trust they you will want to give your all on the field no matter what. I feel like all the players there now have bought into Coach Napier and his system and all the coaches there. I feel like it will be a better season than what you have seen recently."

As mentioned, Baxter Jr. has been a regular visitor at UF. He's already got another visit in the books for next week, but could also pop up another two times this summer.

"I will actually be back on Wednesday for the 7on7 they have going on. My team will be there. I may just watch, but I will be there. I am supposed to be at A&M on the 24th [of June] but if something happened with travel and we can't make it, then I am just going to go back to Florida that weekend with my pops. My mom was just talking to me about Friday Night Lights they have in July on the 29th too, and we may come back for that. They may have like a camp, but it's going to be a cookout too for recruits and their families. We may come back for that."

Advertisement
Advertisement
They return a boatload of starters, including 10 on offense I believe...

Utah +2 was a steal when the line came out. Now it's -2.5 😎

Billy is out his mind if he thinks he’s just going to run it down Utah’s throat & out physical them…Mario & Oregon tried that last year and got punched in the mouth twice. Florida lucky the game is being played at the ****** swamp, that was a good call jumping on that +2

Advertisement
Back