CBS Top 100 Prospects for 2019 Draft

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...-a-super-early-look-at-the-top-100-prospects/

Early top 100 ranking from CBS.
32. Ahmmon Richards
35. Joe Jackson
81. Jaquan Johnson
98. Travis Homer

Not surprised that Jaq is on the list, but more surprised that they had him and not also MJack

Edit: Oops, forgot Homer
If cbs list has credence it is a slap in the face to those posters that think we are loaded with talent. Many posters have said that 2019 will be our coming out party and we will have numerous first and second rounders in draft. This list reveals 1 first rounder (barely) and 1 second rounder. Our posters look at our players and think they are super athletes destined for greatness. They fail to realize many teams have players as good as ours and some teams have players much better than ours. Thus according to cbs we are a long way from being the elite team with loads of talent as we had in our glory days.

Advertisement
If cbs list has credence it is a slap in the face to those posters that think we are loaded with talent. Many posters have said that 2019 will be our coming out party and we will have numerous first and second rounders in draft. This list reveals 1 first rounder (barely) and 1 second rounder. Our posters look at our players and think they are super athletes destined for greatness. They fail to realize many teams have players as good as ours and some teams have players much better than ours. Thus according to cbs we are a long way from being the elite team with loads of talent as we had in our glory days.

There are 10 DB's on this list. (7 CB's). It's only weird to me because MJ is listed as the #1 CB prospect for the draft on another website. Shows how big the difference between people's opinion can be.

There's like a love-hate thing going on with MJ. He's not the fastest CB + he's still relatively unknown. He has another year like last year and he will move up.

This mock has 3 Miami Hurricanes in the first round in it and several other ones does as well.See how easy that was. Quit overreacting...

Advertisement
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...rospects-in-the-2018-nfl-draft-1-20/[/QUOTE]H
Holy **** that list was off last year. CBS Sports isn't known for its mocks, but that is embarrassingly bad. Deon Cain in the first round? Tarvarus McFadden top 10? And not surprisingly it slurped off Derwin James.

Holy **** that list was off last year. CBS Sports isn't known for its mocks, but that is embarrassingly bad. Deon Cain in the first round? Tarvarus McFadden top 10? And not surprisingly it slurped off Derwin James.

Yea, I see no reason to put any stock in their 2019 list.

None of our junior LB's is on this list.

They actually weren’t great last year. I’m expecting them to be much better this year based on watching them in the spring game. Last year they made some bad reads in the run game and didn’t make enough big plays.

Advertisement
These prospects rise & fall all throughout the year based on many different variables.

It's a list in May, it's not a definitive on what any player is or isn't.

PJ Hall from Sam Houston St was the #57 player drafted this year, how many top 100 list do you think he was on a whole year before he was drafted?

Point being, it means nothing & it says nothing about our team or the talent of the player simply because they're not on some preseason top 100 list.

Last edited:
Puffing up Richards a little too soon. Tell me he is a R1 WR after he makes all acc first team.
This may be an unpopular opinion but you're right. The talent is there. He now has to stay healthy and do it.(QB may hinder him if things don't improve)

Puffing up Richards a little too soon. Tell me he is a R1 WR after he makes all acc first team.

All acc voting has shown to be BS the last couple of years. Last year I don't think anyone from Miami made the first team and I remember 2 years ago Njoku didn't make 1st or 2nd team. That's just off the top of my head.

Advertisement
I could tell you to kick rocks but you still wont leave...

Did you see the year he had last year? Stop.

Consistent problem with Miami's fanbase. Overrate and puff these dudes up...then when they fail to live up to expectations, act surprised when they bounce early.

We were having the same conversation with Stacy Coley early in his career, so I shouldn't act surprised we are doing it with Richards. Let Richards earn it. He hasn't yet.

Advertisement
Back