CBS Sportsline Showing Some Love

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
From Tony Barnhart:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...r-learn-how-to-tackle-oregons-speedy-is-scary
Al Golden is already my coach of the year

No one would have blamed Al Golden if he had walked away once the severity of Miami's NCAA investigation became public. Golden sure didn't know about it when he took the job. But instead of jumping off what looked like a sinking ship in Coral Gables, Golden stayed at the helm and has guided the Hurricanes through two tough seasons of uncertainty which ended with self-imposed bowl sanctions. Last season Miami had to give up a chance to play in the ACC championship game because it was the strategic thing to do while the NCAA investigation continued to drag on and on and on.

285.jpg

Hurricanes coach Al Golden celebrates a program-building win over the Gators. (USATSI)

Golden told me privately this summer that he really hoped the NCAA case would be resolved by the start of the season. We're still waiting. So it was understandable that Golden was a little emotional after beating Florida 21-16 at Sun Life Stadium. It was a program-building win and one he and his players deserved after fighting through the past two years.

"It was a great moment for our guys, not only those guys who chose the University of Miami during this but stood there and fought," he said.

I don't care how the rest of the season goes. Al Golden is already my coach of the year because he didn't run when it got tough at Miami. He stood there and fought.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Golden told me privately this summer that he really hoped the NCAA case would be resolved by the start of the season"

Some scoop there Tony, Golden was telling everyone that. ***** that SEC lovin' **********

While I want to say "**** the media"... Golden and these boys deserve all of this good press. I'm glad everyone else gets to see what we've been seeing for years.

Advertisement
Back