CBS Sports: 5 Angriest Fan Bases in NCAAF

Yup. A good reason why UM should, hopefully, build a nice, 40K seat stadium. Demand would automatically go up. Do that and all of a sudden South Florida folk see something as a hot ticket and start showing up. Winning helps, but not when they know they can get tickets easily no matter how big the game is. Maybe one day....
I mean can you blame us???

1) tore down the stadium that made us famous

2) 3 horrendous hires

3) Donna was horrendous

4) the guy who should've been the head coach in the first place back in 2000 went to UGA

5) Shapiro

SFL in general refuse to support bad product just look at the Marlins but if they show that they give a **** and give effort into making the team better we show up...like we do for the heat. There's nothing wrong with what they're saying

Agree with all of your points except the part in bold as soFla folks don't show even when the "product" is good.
SoFla fanbase is *****.
I just think this article is just another rehash.
Funny how these folks don't rehash real issues in college football like what you see at fsu, Baylor, Tennecheat,etc.

Advertisement
"Many of those fans are going to be angry with me just for that very first sentence, even though they know **** well that they don't show up to their own team's games."

We have "nice" attendance at games when we're good, and poor attendance when we're not. This isn't cause for anger, it's just the way it's been here since the program started. Nothing has changed in 90 years. I guess a more appropriate term would be "tired", not "angry". Tired of the rehashing of a subject we've been aware of for a very long time.

"Now, after a slew of seven- and eight-win seasons and mediocre finishes in the ACC Coastal, that swagger has turned to straight up anger and bitterness. Much of which is taken out on any media member who dares to talk about the current state of Miami football rather than relive the glory days."

Now this point is a little drama queenish. We have been bad and it's unacceptable. Yes, we are angry about this. But to say we take it out on the media? Again, the word isn't angry. It's TIRED. We've been a mediocre program for quite some time. It's tiring to keep hearing something that's already known.

There isn't an angrier fan base than those from fsu or [insert SEC school] when they find out one or more
of their female students was raped by one of their beloved football players and is actually not keeping
their mouths shut.
Wonder why that gets overlooked.

I mean can you blame us???

1) tore down the stadium that made us famous

2) 3 horrendous hires

3) Donna was horrendous

4) the guy who should've been the head coach in the first place back in 2000 went to UGA

5) Shapiro

SFL in general refuse to support bad product just look at the Marlins but if they show that they give a **** and give effort into making the team better we show up...like we do for the heat. There's nothing wrong with what they're saying
Not to mention the string of 3 consecutive horrible HC decisions. He's right that we're angry, but not for the reasons mentioned in that article. If anything, we're angry that the media hasn't been calling out the team and holding them to a higher standard.

Funny how they release this the day we have the spring game. The media really knows how to turn the knife in this program.

Advertisement
Even when we were winning we were ****ed off, lol

There were stories my stepfather used to tell that if a lone guy was wearing a Gator jersey near the student section, a group of students were obligated to rip off the guys shirt and throw it to the ground.

What we lack in numbers, we more than make up in ferocity.

Advertisement
Back