CB Trajan Bandy Commits......

Shawn Davis went head to head against Jeudy in the Spring (who many on here consider an elite prospect and by far the #1 WR on our board) and not only held his own but got the better of him.

Davis has the size you are looking for in a #1 corner. (6'0 170) You got cats on here saying Bandy could be a great nickel. Man we need elite, #1 corners in this Defense. Esp if Diaz is going to be blitzing like crazy.

For the record, I dont like Davis better, if we remember, the original statement was that Bandy was the best DB in SoFla and I replied that the jury was out on that statement. I dont know who the best DB in SoFla is yet..It could be Bandy. But I think SDavis is a better DB prospect at the college level.

Davis aint 6 ft, hes more 5'11-5'10, and the reports about him locking down jeudy were off when people were saying it wasnt davis on him in those scrims, all that aside we need guys who we know and have proven they can produce, davis hasnt proven anything, **** when they played columbus they didnt even have him lined up against rollins, most of the guys everyone here talks about that are better brini, davis, etc are all kids that have potential that they have the tools but we dont see them use it on tape, go back and watch bandys tape and compare it to brinis and davis

Advertisement
Shawn Davis went head to head against Jeudy in the Spring (who many on here consider an elite prospect and by far the #1 WR on our board) and not only held his own but got the better of him.

Davis has the size you are looking for in a #1 corner. (6'0 170) You got cats on here saying Bandy could be a great nickel. Man we need elite, #1 corners in this Defense. Esp if Diaz is going to be blitzing like crazy.

For the record, I dont like Davis better, if we remember, the original statement was that Bandy was the best DB in SoFla and I replied that the jury was out on that statement. I dont know who the best DB in SoFla is yet..It could be Bandy. But I think SDavis is a better DB prospect at the college level.
Timeout....My little brother played against Jerry a lot of years in pop warner, Jerry has always been an inconsistent guy. He has bad games but he has really good games, he's been like that since he was little so don't take the one time he went up against him as an argument because I've seen Lesser guys shut him down. Anyone who's seen him play a lot knows this

Ill say this and then ill just let the cards lay..whatever Rumph/Diaz and Richt decide I am down with. I will be the first to welcome Bandy to UM if he gets offered and commits..

All that said..I remember Larry Blustein said on the Joe Rose show one day a few years ago and it has stuck with me since and from then on I have looked at prospects completely different now when I evaluate in person and look at tape..Larry said, "FSU is getting the players UM use to get and UM is getting the players FSU use to get..UM is getting the guys that you say to yourself 'they will be a very good college player'. FSU is now getting the kids that you say to yourself 'that kid is going to be playing on Sundays in 3 years' The tables have turned"...

And hes right..you know how I know that? Because you got posters in this very thread talking about "who cares if the player is an NFL guy! All I care about is college!"..well, thats what we are getting. And we havent beat an elite team in so long I cant even remember the last time we did it and FSU has beat us 6 years in a row.

Enjoyed the respectful argument.

I hope to **** Richt doesn't fall into that same stupid trap that Folden did with the whole size queen drama. That **** doesn't work down here because you got big-time football players who might be a little light or a little short.

Bandy covers and makes plays. If he's a little short who gives a fck? Sometimes, you have to put the measuring tape away. You get too focused on measuring tapes and you wind up with guys like Ryan Mayes while guys like Juwan Dowels go elsewhere and produce.

It'd be different if Bandy was slow and short, but he can run.

I hope to **** Richt doesn't fall into that same stupid trap that Folden did with the whole size queen drama. That **** doesn't work down here because you got big-time football players who might be a little light or a little short.

Bandy covers and makes plays. If he's a little short who gives a fck? Sometimes, you have to put the measuring tape away. You get too focused on measuring tapes and you wind up with guys like Ryan Mayes while guys like Juwan Dowels go elsewhere and produce.

Exactly

Advertisement
Ill say this and then ill just let the cards lay..whatever Rumph/Diaz and Richt decide I am down with. I will be the first to welcome Bandy to UM if he gets offered and commits..

All that said..I remember Larry Blustein said on the Joe Rose show one day a few years ago and it has stuck with me since and from then on I have looked at prospects completely different now when I evaluate in person and look at tape..Larry said, "FSU is getting the players UM use to get and UM is getting the players FSU use to get..UM is getting the guys that you say to yourself 'they will be a very good college player'. FSU is now getting the kids that you say to yourself 'that kid is going to be playing on Sundays in 3 years' The tables have turned"...

And hes right..you know how I know that? Because you got posters in this very thread talking about "who cares if the player is an NFL guy! All I care about is college!"..well, thats what we are getting. And we havent beat an elite team in so long I cant even remember the last time we did it and FSU has beat us 6 years in a row.

Enjoyed the respectful argument.

And what does that have to do with davis vs bandy? You are the one who brought the NFL stuff into the convo, and yes we need guys who contribute in college the 1st round stuff is just a bonus

Bandy would bev a great nickel here. Unfortunately it's not happening. He is very ****ed at the staff for not offering. Will not come to Miami with late offer.

Late offer? Its may bruh.

i think it's "late" as in we have a CB already offered and committed that plays on his same team, in his eyes he's going to be thinking why didnt we offer him when we offered Henderson. Thats how kids get chips on their shoulders. Honestly I wouldn't blame him. According to people who have seen him play he is the best CB on his team and has produced, while having offers from top schools

Bandy would bev a great nickel here. Unfortunately it's not happening. He is very ****ed at the staff for not offering. Will not come to Miami with late offer.

Late offer? Its may bruh.

i think it's "late" as in we have a CB already offered and committed that plays on his same team, in his eyes he's going to be thinking why didnt we offer him when we offered Henderson. Thats how kids get chips on their shoulders. Honestly I wouldn't blame him. According to people who have seen him play he is the best CB on his team and has produced, while having offers from top schools

If May is too late for him, then he never wanted to be here anyway. If you're whining about being offered 9 months before signing day, then you were never all that interested anyway.

Bandy covers and makes plays. If he's a little short who gives a fck? Sometimes, you have to put the measuring tape away. You get too focused on measuring tapes and you wind up with guys like Ryan Mayes while guys like Juwan Dowels go elsewhere and produce. [INSTAGRAM][/INSTAGRAM]

It seems as if richt allows his DCs to offer who they want. Bandy had a UGA offer from richt, but through Pruitt, which is how he got his Bama offer. This is more of Diaz wanting long corners for his system. It's mostly cover-3, which is the base coverage for the Columbus defense, where Bandy has excelled.

Advertisement

Bandy covers and makes plays. If he's a little short who gives a fck? Sometimes, you have to put the measuring tape away. You get too focused on measuring tapes and you wind up with guys like Ryan Mayes while guys like Juwan Dowels go elsewhere and produce. [INSTAGRAM][/INSTAGRAM]

It seems as if richt allows his DCs to offer who they want. Bandy had a UGA offer from richt, but through Pruitt, which is how he got his Bama offer. This is more of Diaz wanting long corners for his system. It's mostly cover-3, which is the base coverage for the Columbus defense, where Bandy has excelled.

Then Diaz is a dumb disingenuous fck for yapping about wanting that Miami speed and playmakers and ignoring just that in Bandy. And Richt is a dope for abdicating personnel decisions to a freshman in the game like Diaz.

Then Diaz is a dumb disingenuous fck for yapping about wanting that Miami speed and playmakers and ignoring just that in Bandy. And Richt is a dope for abdicating personnel decisions to a freshman in the game like Diaz.

Diaz wants to see an undersized kid play his senior year so you throw a temper tantrum?

Barboni;2 538213 said:

Diaz wants to see an undersized kid play his senior year so you throw a temper tantrum?

In a recent interview he even said he thinks he understands how it works down here. Guys like Bandy are the ones Miami was made off of might not be the proper size but locks down. I agree which chise if they play the whole not tall enough game it's going to be rough. Recruit the best ball players period..

Advertisement

Stoops and Saban don't need to see him play his senior year, dopey. I'll roll with their evaluation over a freshman like Diaz.

You don't get the luxury to slow play dudes when those dudes have great options.

And guess what, son? He's not gonna get less "undersized" by playing his senior year.

Advertisement
Back