Cb play this year

brock

All-American
Hasn’t been that bad whatsoever

dj Ivey of all people is developing

Tecory couch is turning into a stud

dunson played a lot yesterday and has flashed in other games. Love his size at corner and ability to tackle

Clarke is doing really well on special teams tackling and made a great int yesterday

Blades first half of the season was doing really well. Don’t know what happened lately but hopefully everything okay

look I know Rumph gets a lot of flack but people can’t say he don’t coach his group up. Outside the de group the cb group has been the most consistent group on defense imo

Advertisement
Get the rumph hate out your heart. It’s the absolute truth. Even when the passing defense was exposed at times this year they weren’t really going after the corners. They were targeting the linebackers and safeties look at the pitt and Louisville game

by the way not defending him, I just Like the progress the cbs are showing. Intrigued to see more of dunson and Clarke that’s all.

dunson played a lot yesterday and has flashed in other games. Love his size at corner and ability to tackle

Clarke is doing really well on special teams tackling and made a great int yesterday

Blades first half of the season was doing really well. Don’t know what happened lately but hopefully everything okay

look I know Rumph gets a lot of flack but people can’t say he don’t coach his group up. Outside the de group the cb group has been the most consistent group on defense imo
I'll wait for the UNC game to see how much they really have "improved." This is the best WR bunch we will face all year. So far this season CB play has been very mediocre

Advertisement
Get the rumph hate out your heart. It’s the absolute truth. Even when the passing defense was exposed at times this year they weren’t really going after the corners. They were targeting the linebackers and safeties look at the pitt and Louisville game

by the way not defending him, I just Like the progress the cbs are showing. Intrigued to see more of dunson and Clarke that’s all.
Lol dude I think you’ve had a postgame thread about Rumph and the CBs every week. Idk why you feel the need to defend Rumph so hard.

His group played well yesterday and have looked decent in general lately. Everyone is happy about that, but end of the day that doesn’t negate how bad the recruiting has been.

We played all 4 scholarship CBs last night. There were legit none left on the bench.

The problem is ball skills and confusion when we play zone (which Baker seems to like to do a little too much).

When we play Man our CBs play tight and are always in a position to make a play

Blades and Ivey just don’t have ball skills

Couch and Clake do and we’re seeing great CB play now

He can't recruit worth a ****.

I'll wait for the UNC game to see how much they really have "improved." This is the best WR bunch we will face all year. So far this season CB play has been very mediocre
I agree, I’m just talking about the whole season, which is more than just vs Duke. I’ve praised unc skill group, will be a big test

Advertisement
Ivey is always in position but has terrible ball skills.

That Duke WR group was as bad as it gets. Way too many white dudes to be taken seriously. Let’s hold off the CB evals til after UNC.
I think the correct term is "demelaninated"

yeah, our cbs have no ball skills ... i started another thread about mc's interception being the most athletic we've had in years and alot of it comes from his ball skills ... i think that's the hope with curtis ...

It's been average at best. Blades has been hunted all year and gets tossed around when he has to make a tackle. Ivey still can't locate the football after 3 years in the program. Couch has been great and Dunson/Clarke look like promising prospects but Rumph can't recruit worth a **** and this would have to be an elite group to warrant retaining him.

Advertisement
Get the rumph hate out your heart. It’s the absolute truth. Even when the passing defense was exposed at times this year they weren’t really going after the corners? They were targeting the linebackers and safeties look at the pitt and Louisville game

by the way not defending him, I just Like the progress the cbs are showing. Intrigued to see more of dunson and Clarke that’s all
Go back and look at the tape. We’ve been bullied on 50/50 balls for TDs. Blown coverages with guys wide open. We get bailed out a lot by drops. Worst of all, some really bad tackling and angles. They absolute go after the corners.

The CB’s seem to have stepped. up their play about the time the wr’s did..not sure who said what to these unit’s or if it’s just a coincidence that it happened this way but whatever it was it was a welcome change for both units....

having said this Rumph still needs to go for no other reason than there’s a ton of guys out there that can teach just as well or better than he can but can also recruit something Rumph can’t or won’t do.

Advertisement
Ivey is always in position but has terrible ball skills.

That Duke WR group was as bad as it gets. Way too many white dudes to be taken seriously. Let’s hold off the CB evals til after UNC.
UNC is a whole different animal, Newsome and Brown are arguably two of the best wr in the conference and they run the ball exceptionally well so they will keep us off balance.

Our DL will be the key to slowing them down and giving the corners a chance.

UNC is a whole different animal, Newsome and Brown are arguably two of the best wr in the conference and they run the ball exceptionally well so they will keep us off balance.

Our DL will be the key to slowing them down and giving the corners a chance.
My fear is our attacking DL will leave gaping holes for their stud RB duo and Howell to run through.

They can give it to us every which way. I’ll be surprised if the total opens less than 70, and would expect closer to 75.

My fear is our attacking DL will leave gaping holes for their stud RB duo and Howell to run through.

They can give it to us every which way. I’ll be surprised if the total opens less than 70, and would expect closer to 75.
Agreed. Williams and carter are studs, we had better be ready to wrap up and get them on the ground or it’s going to be a long day.

The dL is going to have to play with a lot of discipline so we aren’t out of alignment allowing them chunk plays

Agreed. Williams and carter are studs, we had better be ready to wrap up and get them on the ground or it’s going to be a long day.

The dL is going to have to play with a lot of discipline so we aren’t out of alignment allowing them chunk plays
We will be playing against the 2nd and 3rd best running back in the ACC on Saturday.
Each of Khalil Herbert and the 2 unc rbs have been MUCH better than Travis entienne this year, not even close. Tough task

Advertisement
Back