CB Hallman building strong bond with Rumph

Advertisement
I LOVE THE KID. He understands cove 2/3 but in the video you don't see man coverage I think the reason is bc he does have the strength to play man. Hes small but has to get stronger bc the tackling is horrible, but it can get better. I love the kid and if he can get tackling down and man coverage down he would be a corner you don't want to throw to at all.
My only question what happens when he runs up on a 6'6" wideout that's 220-240?

What can any DB do?

Yeah Jim Leonhard is a great DB coach. I was extremely impressed with Wisconsin CBs technique when we played them. Our CBs looked so sloppy compared to them.

Got promoted to defensive coordinator too I believe, could be a name to watch in a few years.

Advertisement
Hallman has big-time feet.

627997.jpg

?

Advertisement
He's got really good ball skills & good hands, plays in off coverage a lot, but has good eye recognition in reading the QB & making quick breaks on the route. He's got good bail technique in Zone & looks to have a nice vert making some jump ball picks.

They don't play him in Press man, but they're not really running any complex Defensive schemes at U School.

The current CB group as of now, is Burns & Curtis, both are small guys & one of'em might not even stick at corner in college.

Plus there's Dawson too, another speedster that can play both Offense & Defense but is also really small as well.

Depending on where we stand with CB's like Omarion Cooper or Jordan Young could impact whether or not Hallman is a take. I think he's a take in this class, but I guess that all depends on how many they wanna take & who they think they can get.

His issue will be speed, if he tests well he should get a greenlight, you can't really tell what his exact numbers are off film alone, but he does display good footwork as a natural DB. He could probably play Safety at the next level too.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wisconsin got this kid and wildgoose way back when. Wildgoose would’ve been the best db in the 2018 class and he was friends with some of the other guys. Classic.

Advertisement
Back