CB Elias Ricks

Time to have Mike Redding and trevon ruggins put the full court recruiting pressure on him communication between him and the U will pick up significantly watch
Riggins isn’t at IMG anymore I don’t think. Thought he went to Lakewood

Advertisement
This kid’s recruitment has turned into quite the storyline. Initially he was leaving his HS and transferring so he could graduate and be an EE. It was rumored the family moved to Baton Rouge and the brother enrolled in school. Then at the Opening that was said to be false. The LSU mod claimed the parents led him to believe they relocated(or were in the process of relocating). Suddenly OSU is rumored to be back in the picture- probably from Cavazos and Julian Fleming recruiting him. Now kid turns up transferred to IMG and LSU board still says brother enrolled for school at local BR school. Ricks taking visits to other schools including Bama. Going to be a wild ride with him for LSU....

This kid’s recruitment has turned into quite the storyline. Initially he was leaving his HS and transferring so he could graduate and be an EE. It was rumored the family moved to Baton Rouge and the brother enrolled in school. Then at the Opening that was said to be false. The LSU mod claimed the parents led him to believe they relocated(or were in the process of relocating). Suddenly OSU is rumored to be back in the picture- probably from Cavazos and Julian Fleming recruiting him. Now kid turns up transferred to IMG and LSU board still says brother enrolled for school at local BR school. Ricks taking visits to other schools including Bama. Going to be a wild ride with him for LSU....
This why I’m kind of hesitant on letting this kid OV. feels like we have 0.1%-2% chance w this kid. too much pride w this university to have all these kids Ov and not commit. We’ll see how this shapes up if Manny starts winning, but imo If Ricks leaves LSU, it’ll be O$U if not O$U than it’ll be Bama. Miami will be a distant 4th.

Why are you guys saying this is bad for LSU? Cali was far for them too. I'm no geography expert but isn't florida closer to LSU too? I get the fact that Lejond is there too for OSU but still. LSU gets DBs regularly so why the panic for them?
Because he is already committed to LSU so him coming to Florida only makes it easier for all the bag schools to communicate with him. Also lejond will be in his ear about Ohio state which was previously mentioned.

This why I’m kind of hesitant on letting this kid OV. feels like we have 0.1%-2% chance w this kid. too much pride w this university to have all these kids Ov and not commit. We’ll see how this shapes up if Manny starts winning, but imo If Ricks leaves LSU, it’ll be O$U if not O$U than it’ll be Bama. Miami will be a distant 4th.
You have to remember that Ricks is from Cali. He will more than likely not end up at an SEC school. OSU has a lot of hype right now but I think they will take a step back this year without Meyer. I hope we can get this kid on campus and give him a tour of the city....

Advertisement
This seems most accurate to me. He’s looking at which schools have put out the most CB’s recently. This is clearly a business decision for him, and while we’ve put up roughly the same quantity as these schools to the pro level, the quality is not on the same level.

Listen, this kid coming to IMG is a positive for the U and all of the state schools. It’s a lot easier to get him on campus for unofficials and OV’s from there than it is Cali. We gotta take a shot, even if it’s a long shot....

Listen, this kid coming to IMG is a positive for the U and all of the state schools. It’s a lot easier to get him on campus for unofficials and OV’s from there than it is Cali. We gotta take a shot, even if it’s a long shot....
#1 that's not true. Img doesnt give us an advantage over just about anywhere because the discipline and commitment necessary at img leaves VERY little spare time for a kid to get away from campus. Least that's what I heard. Also only way elias doesnt end up at lsu is if he gets the reclassifying angle down and lsu has no room for him. Otherwise **** be a tiger. Period

#1 that's not true. Img doesnt give us an advantage over just about anywhere because the discipline and commitment necessary at img leaves VERY little spare time for a kid to get away from campus. Least that's what I heard. Also only way elias doesnt end up at lsu is if he gets the reclassifying angle down and lsu has no room for him. Otherwise **** be a tiger. Period
He still trying to reclassify only a few weeks before start of fall camp?

Advertisement
or coaching change correct?

Advertisement
The five-star cornerback and LSU commit told 247Sports' Blake Alderman on Wednesday that he has spoken with the Hurricanes a number of times since transferring into IMG Academy.

"I got four visits I'm going to take right now – Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and USC. I don't know the last one," Ricks said. "Maybe like Florida or Miami. Probably Miami if it happened though. They have just been staying in contact with me saying that I should come visit. I'm already in Florida too so it's like why not?"

The five-star cornerback and LSU commit told 247Sports' Blake Alderman on Wednesday that he has spoken with the Hurricanes a number of times since transferring into IMG Academy.

"I got four visits I'm going to take right now – Alabama, LSU, Ohio State and USC. I don't know the last one," Ricks said. "Maybe like Florida or Miami. Probably Miami if it happened though. They have just been staying in contact with me saying that I should come visit. I'm already in Florida too so it's like why not?"
Cane lock!

Advertisement

Lol.

Basically might take a vacay to Miami...

I just dont see a Orange County kid playing ball in Baton Rouge. Him going to IMG seems like it will be a gift for either USC, Miami, or Ohio State and a curse for LSU and Bama.

One school that would scare me if they got involved is Oklahoma.

Advertisement
Back