Cautiously optimistic!

MTSU is not an FCS school. They're a G5 school.

For me, the most embarrassing losses were the loss to FIU under Manny, UNC under Manny, Clemson under Golden, and FSU under Mario.

FIU was a new low. Losing to South Florida under Shannon was pretty bad too. Thats what got Shannon fired and it was at that point where you had to accept that the empire had fallen and looking back it was over

Advertisement
This spring will be pivotal. And maybe the additions are football junkies and pick up nuances of the scheme that lead to more explosive plays. I think the biggest jump will be in defense with some continuity of scheme. Dawson is up in the air imo. But if offense can put some points i think defense will lead us this coming up year.
Don’t worry, we will win spring, flying around making plays. You know how many green tree all Americans we have?

When do you hold players accountable for their actions?
You are actually defending Mario for MTSU and Duke.
gtfo-gtfoh.gif

You are actually defending Mario for MTSU and Duke.
View attachment 278767
I'm defending against stupidity for blaming coaches for players actions.

Do you blame Mario or Dawson for TVD throwing all those interceptions? **** NO!!! Don't sell me some BS about the coaches being responsible. TvD threw 10 INTs with clean pockets. Blame Mario for getting TVD guys that could actually pass protect.

I'm defending against stupidity for blaming coaches for players actions.

Do you blame Mario or Dawson for TVD throwing all those interceptions? **** NO!!! Don't sell me some BS about the coaches being responsible. TvD threw 10 INTs with clean pockets. Blame Mario for getting TVD guys that could actually pass protect.
Well then I guess I'll defend D'onofrio. It's not his fault the players did what they did.

Advertisement
I've been rather disappointed, especially when we started the year4-0 and had the 5th win in our grasp. More on that later. 2022 was much worse. after a 2-0 start we lost a winnable game to Texas A&M but what followed was one of the most embarrassing losses in Miami history, yes, the MTSU slaughter, yes slaughter where this FCS team dominated us in all aspects followed by a 45-24 loss to Duke and blowout losses to fsu and Pitt. 2023 was far better with the early wins BUT the way we lost to GT was a national embarrassment and we were the butt of many jokes. I think our psychologically our team was damaged by the GT loss, I know our opponents loved it. We were 2 and 4 after the GT loss but seriously were competitive in all but the NC St game. The loss to Rutgers with half our players not participating was meaningless. The Bowl season is a farce and has become like the NFL preseason. Having simply Williams or Kinchens would've made a difference.

My biggest disappoint though is TVD, so much talent but careless with the ball. His int's were the primary difference between success and failure and he was an abject failure in performance, leadership or acceptance of responsibility. Any player we've had took full responsibility when making so many bad throws yet I do not recall any apology or humble response for his failures.

How about coaching though. My questioning is why did they so limit Emory when they needed him the most? Why make him run such a predictable offense. Emory won the Clemson game and that experience should've opened the gates of the offense to him but the fsu game was to confined yet without the injury I think Emory would've found a way to score and I think the entire Hurricane nation KNEW what TVD would do, march us down for the victory, not his forte, his is Interceptions at the worse possible moment. Another disappointment is how our improved RB room was underutilized.

Last but not least is our squad. It seems we have a bunch of prima donnas that don't seem to meld into a cohesive unit. There were times I thought they were coming together as a team of Hurricanes who considered their teammates a most important factor. Sorry but it never seemed that winning was primo. Is it from using the portal with players who were not loyal to begin with? This is a new era with NIL money and me. me. me athletes that have talent minus heart.

Closing, I think Reuben Bain will rise up and be that leader we miss:

Hey why did @TheOriginalCane hack @fraggle account?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back