Carter

prinmemo

Junior
Any chance the league could review the targeting call on Carter and reverse it so that he doesn't miss the first half of the UNC game?

Advertisement
Safeties need to be taught to not make that hit anymore....its just not worth it. Go for ball or tackle, just can't go for that hit. It's gonna take a few more years before the kids being taught this in optimist get to the college level.

Safeties need to be taught to not make that hit anymore....its just not worth it. Go for ball or tackle, just can't go for that hit. It's gonna take a few more years before the kids being taught this in optimist get to the college level.

Serious question, but how is he supposed to make that play? He was too late to make a play on the ball, just barely. So he has to hit the wr to try to break up the reception. They are running in opposite directions, so there's no way it's not going to be a big collision. I don't understand what a player is supposed to do in that situation.

Serious question, but how is he supposed to make that play? He was too late to make a play on the ball, just barely. So he has to hit the wr to try to break up the reception. They are running in opposite directions, so there's no way it's not going to be a big collision. I don't understand what a player is supposed to do in that situation.

You're supposed to let them catch it then tackle them, duh.

Advertisement

Gotta go for ball or breakdown for tackle....simple. Treat it like flag football. You can't drop your head and make a hit.

Gotta go for ball or breakdown for tackle....simple. Treat it like flag football. You can't drop your head and make a hit.

So how one go about "breaking down" for a tackle running full speed towards each other. Oh yeah, one player is 5'8 & the other is 6'2. Thanks in advance.

So how one go about "breaking down" for a tackle running full speed towards each other. Oh yeah, one player is 5'8 & the other is 6'2. Thanks in advance.

it was a bs call and easy to see.... they need to adjust the rules, if its a grey area and its not obvious that the defender is guilty of targeting then they should take the penalty away not enforce it. that part doesn't make sense.

He obviously got as low as he could and hit the WR mostly in the chest and upper shoulder area. Kermit wasn't even looking for a penalty nor FSUs sideline bc it wasn't a helmet to helmet contact... compare it to FSU LB Matthew Thomas intentionally launching up at Brad Kaayas helmet and its a complete difference.

Advertisement
Not sure why the announcers were saying this was a gray area.

This was not in the gray area. He hit him in the chest with his shoulder. His head moved backwards because as humans, we abide by the laws of physics. Utter insanity that the call was not reversed. Not sure why they even review it if clear evidence to the contrary doesn't overturn the call.

It was a bull**** call. Carter made the correct play and even try to go low and was still screwed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CLean hit and bad call. He hits, sticks, and busts **** every time he plays.

Nothing wrong with his play starting from the opening coin toss.

He is old school cane. Wish we had more like him.

Sat behind Jenkins family at the game.

Our safeties hit hard and be grateful they play the game as it should be played.

Won't miss much with him out.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back