Carson Palmquist: A Shallow Dive Into His Numbers

Advertisement
I was actually thinking after last night, I don’t recall him giving up a hit yet. Memory isn’t very good but that’s how elite I recall him being

Advertisement
Advertisement
And he is only 12 saves from #1 in a season. Such an interesting set of stats. Relievers at UM.
GP, Svs
interesting group of players lurking around Danny Graves, RIck Raether, Michael Neu, and Robby Morrison. We've had a some really good ones.

And he is only 12 saves from #1 in a season. Such an interesting set of stats. Relievers at UM.
GP, Svs
interesting group of players lurking around Danny Graves, RIck Raether, Michael Neu, and Robby Morrison. We've had a some really good ones.
Saves are a weird stat for college baseball. The good teams normally don’t get that many save opportunities in a year and when they do most don’t have just one guy. An elite closer is a rarity on all levels. One that can consistently get you 6 outs in even more rare. Palmquist is a gem that deserves all the credit he’s getting and more. If he continues even half pace he’s on, and doesn’t win stopper of the year, Gino and Miami’s admin better find a podium and raise ****.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Palmquist was 1 of the 2 RPs on D1Baseball's Mid-Season All-American team.

If he keeps pitching this way the 2nd half of the season, it's hard to imagine anyone other than him winning the national Closer of the Year (or whatever it's called) award

Advertisement
Back