Carol City High Football

Advertisement
Talent issue?
Check the nearby schools....are any of them unusually loaded with talented football players? Especially private schools from Broward? There may lie your answer.

I was watching a YouTube or Twitter video after week 1. I remember someone in the comments saying "We (Carol City) didn't even have a team 2 weeks ago". So I'm mostly fishing for any validity or info on this? Did most of CC guys transfer out? Was there some scandal or something there? I know only know of 1 kid that transfered to Norland.

Advertisement
Likely the now state-sanctioned (but always occuring) annual "free agency" migration of Florida high school athletes to programs they see that have a chance at a State Title.

I would like to know too, i was shocked when u saw them lose like that

Advertisement
Majority of kids & their parents want to be on stacked teams…easy championship’s

I once asked a retired coach (now deceased) about the transferring we see nowadays in high school football and basketball compared to when he played back in the 1960's.

He laughed.

"You didn't even think about doing something like that back then. If you left out the neighborhood to play for a rival school, you better never even think about coming back home."

I once asked a retired coach (now deceased) about the transferring we see nowadays in high school football and basketball compared to when he played back in the 1960's.

He laughed.

"You didn't even think about doing something like that back then. If you left out the neighborhood to play for a rival school, you better never even think about coming back home."
I was recruited by 3 private schools in the 70s however, I would have NEVER left my neighborhood school to play for a public rival. No way.

I was recruited by 3 private schools in the 70s however, I would have NEVER left my neighborhood school to play for a public rival. No way.
I agree, times are just different. Played FB and baseball at Palmetto in early 80’s and would never have thought to transfer to Southridge, Killian or any private school even though I played Legion ball with those guys in the summer.

I agree, times are just different. Played FB and baseball at Palmetto in early 80’s and would never have thought to transfer to Southridge, Killian or any private school even though I played Legion ball with those guys in the summer.
Lol, true. I know Palmetto was a very good school back then. I have no idea now. That's after my time, but I knew some hard hitting dudes from Palmetto in your era I think. All went on to play D1. Orson Mobley, the Ziegler Brothers, George Mira Jr ( to the U), a few others too. I knew Rohan's family too, but Rohan I didn't know until many years later because of the age difference.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lol, true. I know Palmetto was a very good school back then. I have no idea now. That's after my time, but I knew some hard hitting dudes from Palmetto in your era I think. All went on to play D1. Orson Mobley, the Ziegler Brothers, George Mira Jr ( to the U), a few others too. I knew Rohan's family too, but Rohan I didn't know until many years later because of the age difference.
Markeith Cooper, Cecil Sapp, Kevin Ferguson, Jamal Berry. Lots of good individual players over the years, just never broke through to win State. Consistently very good, but rarely a genuine title threat.

No idea how it is as a school now. VERY mixed bag of economic backgrounds (Pinecrest, East Kendall, West Perrine, part of Palmetto Estates) when my family members were last there.

Markeith Cooper, Cecil Sapp, Kevin Ferguson, Jamal Berry. Lots of good individual players over the years, just never broke through to win State. Consistently very good, but rarely a genuine title threat.

No idea how it is as a school now. VERY mixed bag of economic backgrounds (Pinecrest, East Kendall, West Perrine, part of Palmetto Estates) when my family members were last there.
Yeah man, I know ba bunch of good ones that played there over the years. I don't always remember what years everyone was now that I've aged. Lol
I was trying to hit a few of my homies in the poster's era, but idk. You certainly named some good ones
I knew Kevin's fam, and I know a lot of the Cooper clan from down that way.

The concept of "neighborhood pride" and playing for your home school doesn't exist anymore.

Big Boi Smh GIF by Outkast

Advertisement
Back