Carlton Davis 247 update

Norland defensive back often gets overlooked in the discussions about the best prospects in South Florida.
Regardless, Miami offered Davis (6-1, 182) the week after national signing day and he had visited twice for spring practices. His third time watching this spring was on Saturday night at Sun Life Stadium.

-Says “I wanted to see how the whole team was looking but especially the defensive backs,” “They were good, Tracy Howard and Artie Burns were the two I liked the most. I know both those guys personally but they don’t try to convince me about Miami. They really ask more about how I’m doing.”
There was a lot of anticipation around the release of the new uniforms. Davis admitted it won’t impact the way he views Miami but he still took notice.

-Says “I enjoyed being out there and I’m excited to see the team with a new look,” “The uniforms were pretty nice in my eyes. I guess it doesn’t really matter that much but it’s interesting to know they’re making a change like that.”

-Davis had a quick chat with Al Golden but that wasn’t the most high profile person that he had a chance to interact with.

-Says “I did talk to Coach Golden after the game and he asked me what I liked,” “I spent more time talking to Duke (Johnson) though, he wanted to know how I felt about everything. That was cool because he’s like a legend here at Norland now.”

-Plenty of other top local prospects were also in attendance and Davis considers himself very familiar with some of that crew.

-Says “I saw a lot of guys, Tarvarus McFadden, Tyrek Cole, and Kahlil Lewis are a few that I can remember,” “We were talking but not even about the game, just local stuff. We’ve been friends for so long that it was basic things like what we’ve been up to or what we were getting into that night.”

-has some favorites but they likely won’t hold as much water until he can see schools outside of Miami. Since he has fifteen offers now, he definitely has plenty of investigating that lies ahead.

-Says “Miami is in my top five with South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, and LSU,” “I’ll be visiting Alabama and Florida, the first week in June I believe. I’ll definitely be back at Miami too but I couldn’t say exactly when.”

Advertisement
A CB class with Him and Cole is just what the doctor ordered. i feel that he is every bit as good (if not better) then TMAC

We need to start winning mane. Sick and tired of local kids mentioning bammer and LSU.

Advertisement
I'm guessing you didn't perform the interview, so you really need to provide at a minimum a link to the article...

Kid is a nightmare. Him on one side, Cole on the other, Irvin over the slot, SBB and Johnson running free to the ball...a man can dream.

Man its not about winning its about money florida didn't win 6 games last year and still out recruited us.. man winning will help us land some players but every year were going to have some top players slip threw our fingers its a game... on anorher note sbb is not a safety at the next level especially if he goes to Alabama......

Kid is a nightmare. Him on one side, Cole on the other, Irvin over the slot, SBB and Johnson running free to the ball...a man can dream.

2.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back