2025 Carl Jenkins Jr, WR - St Augustine (St Augustine, FL) offered

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

Jenkins, who stands at 6-foot-2 and says that he's "a master at the deep ball," notes that this offer from the Hurricanes came as a surprise.

"Definitely unexpected. [Beard] came by my school to talk to me, and he was just basically explaining everything, where he's at in recruitment right now and I had to explain to him where I'm at in my recruitment right now," Jenkins told InsideTheU. "He just told me that he came across my film and he couldn't believe that they didn't take a chance on me so he took a chance on me then and there."

"What stuck out was him keeping it real with me," Jenkins said. "He told me all the top guys that he's really on board with right now. He told me how many receivers he's taking in the class of 2025 and all the receivers that they got right now and all the receivers that are leaving after this year, stuff like that. I kind of like how he didn't sugarcoat anything and just lead me on."

His first official visit is currently set for June 7–9, where he will be visiting Lousiville, a school that he also checked out in the spring. Jenkins also has official visits lined up to Illinois from June 14–16 and USF from June 21–23. He added that he wants to schedule more visits this summer, with Miami being one of the schools in contention for this.

Last season, Jenkins caught 60 passes for 1,172 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps. This included a 232-yard, two-touchdown performance against Brunswick (Ga.). He also plays basketball and averaged nine points and 4.3 rebounds per game in the 2022-23 season.

Screenshot_20240515_130815_Samsung Internet.jpg

1) we need the height Both our 6'2 + WRs are draft eligible 2025 2) as much as 5 stars look good I like the Luke Nickles, Cole McConathy, Booker Picket, Bobby Pruitt types where Miami trust their evaluation instead of waiting on rivals and 247 to ok a kid.

Advertisement
Willie Cooper’s former HS. We lost to them in ‘02 regional finals right before state F4 my senior year. Willie played allOver the field.

Jenkins, who stands at 6-foot-2 and says that he's "a master at the deep ball," notes that this offer from the Hurricanes came as a surprise.

"Definitely unexpected. [Beard] came by my school to talk to me, and he was just basically explaining everything, where he's at in recruitment right now and I had to explain to him where I'm at in my recruitment right now," Jenkins told InsideTheU. "He just told me that he came across my film and he couldn't believe that they didn't take a chance on me so he took a chance on me then and there."

"What stuck out was him keeping it real with me," Jenkins said. "He told me all the top guys that he's really on board with right now. He told me how many receivers he's taking in the class of 2025 and all the receivers that they got right now and all the receivers that are leaving after this year, stuff like that. I kind of like how he didn't sugarcoat anything and just lead me on."

His first official visit is currently set for June 7–9, where he will be visiting Lousiville, a school that he also checked out in the spring. Jenkins also has official visits lined up to Illinois from June 14–16 and USF from June 21–23. He added that he wants to schedule more visits this summer, with Miami being one of the schools in contention for this.

Last season, Jenkins caught 60 passes for 1,172 receiving yards and 15 touchdowns, according to MaxPreps. This included a 232-yard, two-touchdown performance against Brunswick (Ga.). He also plays basketball and averaged nine points and 4.3 rebounds per game in the 2022-23 season.

Advertisement
Florida is just plain absurdly ridiculous if there are 122 players that project to be better than the kid who’s film I just watched. There’s no way (in my Buford T. Justice voice) that he’s the 149th best WR in the county. No way in ****!

Advertisement
Back