Captain Jack?

All players not just QB's..

I remember when Trayone was being recruited and he was supposedly a can't miss prospect without a position..

So far Trayone has barely seen any action, and it's not just him.. There's lots of High School (Kevin Olsen, Aldarius Johnson) kids that were Great High School players but when they get to college the game is just too fast for them..

we have to stop crowning QBs before they even step-foot on campus.

Advertisement
In 2013, BAMA thought 5 star QB Cooper Bateman was the savior but then he transferred.

In 2014, BAMA thought 5 star QB David Cornwell was the savior but then he transferred.

In 2015, BAMA thought 5 star QB Blake Barnett was the savior but then he transferred.

In 2016, BAMA thought 4 star QB Jalen Hurts was coming in to ride the pine but then became the savior.

Funny how the world works.

Andrew Luck was the 68th overall player in the country his senior year according to Rivals.

About as highly recruited as you get.

Not to bring back memories, but this is a less extreme version of Kyle Wright. He has all the physical tools, but something isn't clicking upstairs. Compare what we've heard about him, vs when Kaaya came in as a true freshman. The reports are completely different.

I understand that he is not a running QB, but I think the failure to win the job came more from poor decisions and inaccuracy. Again, looking at the high school record of TD/INT's, it was not that good. A lot of people were making excuses about the talent around him, but usually it's a really bad sign when people have to justify why a kid didn't do well in high school, or in one of the all-star games after the season, for that matter. That's one of the reasons I'm excited about Jeff Thomas, since he was the MVP and tore it up in the Under Armour game.

Maybe in a simpler offense he'd do better, or maybe the light will go on, and he'll start to pay more attention off the field to learn how to get better, but he just didn't seem to have the "it" factor he'd need to win the job at Miami.

Advertisement
I don't get it - just a year ago or so, everyone was saying he was the savior of the program... now I see lots of people OK with him leaving - he didn't even play... I don't get it...

where you crying as you typed this??

He was Kaaya part 2. Soft little . Scared of Perry coming in. Simple as that.
He was not kaaya part 2. Kaaya was great as a true freshman this kid can't crack top 2 as a redshirt freshman

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'll never understand the hate for Kaaya or the idea that he was soft. Kaaya got pounded and still made great throws with pressure. Came back after getting a molar knocked out yet you fools need the day off after getting a wisdom tooth taken out.

All players not just QB's..

I remember when Trayone was being recruited and he was supposedly a can't miss prospect without a position..

So far Trayone has barely seen any action, and it's not just him.. There's lots of High School (Kevin Olsen, Aldarius Johnson) kids that were Great High School players but when they get to college the game is just too fast for them..

we have to stop crowning QBs before they even step-foot on campus.

Folks on here was crowning Jamal Carter as the next ST.... **** like that has to stop

Last year Richt said something to the effect of "He wasn't around".

This year I'm reading He has a case of Boatsandhoesitosis.

Safe to surmise that football wasn't important to em'.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back