Caneville - spring practice day 2 (SIAP)

Advertisement
Advertisement
hey, lay off the guy, designing TD and TO chains like your Jacob the Jeweler takes time and effort...
I despised the fraud **** that the fans ate up. I felt bad for the fans and I was mad because they let a snake in. I was just trying to open eyes and it sucked to know before everyone else. At least now I'm probably tricked and Mario has my support lol. Nah he's doing it like the big dogs so this plan will be successful this time.

Advertisement
I despised the fraud **** that the fans ate up. I felt bad for the fans and I was mad because they let a snake in. I was just trying to open eyes and it sucked to know before everyone else. At least now I'm probably tricked and Mario has my support lol. Nah he's doing it like the big dogs so this plan will be successful this time.

give this thing with Mario a bit of time. We will NOT look like the same program or place.

In retrospect, I'm glad Mario wasn't hired in 2018 (he's the one I thought was the soundest choice at the time) because he's now a more seasoned, mature coach (with room to still grow). He's just now heading into his coaching prime. And his experience at other programs was an invaluable education on what it really is to be in the business of big-time college football (something Miami thought they were in, but in reality, wasn't)

give this thing with Mario a bit of time. We will NOT look like the same program or place.

In retrospect, I'm glad Mario wasn't hired in 2018 (he's the one I thought was the soundest choice at the time) because he's now a more seasoned, mature coach (with room to still grow). He's just now heading into his coaching prime. And his experience at other programs was an invaluable education on what it really is to be in the business of big-time college football (something Miami thought they were in, but in reality, wasn't)
Oh most def we need time he has to gut the roster imo. I'm not expecting wins on the field yet....if they come cool. But I expect wins on the recruiting trail that we have not seen since the Butch era. Now we have the money and the guy we should be great in the coming years.

I am convinced that many cane fans will start, bleeting, cussin' and belching, negative crap, when we lose a close game, or a called play does not work out during a crucial game.

We will play to the level of play that can be accomplished with our team and talent.

The Mario effect will be there, but it may not be felt until a couple years of hard work, then we will step up on center stage with an accomplished crew ready for the limelight, and be able to consistently win.

The big question is........... will our fans give the Canes, Coaches and team a chance to grow and become great, or will impatience win out?.

I am convinced that many cane fans will start, bleeting, cussin' and belching, negative crap, when we lose a close game, or a called play does not work out during a crucial game.

We will play to the level of play that can be accomplished with our team and talent.

The Mario effect will be there, but it may not be felt until a couple years of hard work, then we will step up on center stage with an accomplished crew ready for the limelight, and be able to consistently win.

The big question is........... will our fans give the Canes, Coaches and team a chance to grow and become great, or will impatience win out?.
Early test when Miami takes a "Utah" like L...

I am more confident however, that under the current staff, Ls to FIU, a team that has just installed the forward pass, and a variety of other super-HS level teams will be very rare, if ever.

Advertisement

Mario in 2018 would have had to fight BJ and the BoT tooth and nail for every penny. I think he would have failed. Not to mention the fact he hadn't proven anything at that point.

This really has been the perfect storm. Frenk willing to face down the old guard BoT and even use UM Health to help with the budget, the 3 Billionaires providing the backstop and orchestrating the NIL deals, Mario's reputation now strong enough to hire in guy s like Steele, Gattis and Strong. And TVD geared up for the best season we've had from a QB since Ken Dorsey. Plus the portal and the better preparation of top kids coming out of high school means it's a 1-3 year rebuild, not a 3-5 year rebuild.

Mario in 2018 would have had to fight BJ and the BoT tooth and nail for every penny. I think he would have failed. Not to mention the fact he hadn't proven anything at that point.

This really has been the perfect storm. Frenk willing to face down the old guard BoT and even use UM Health to help with the budget, the 3 Billionaires providing the backstop and orchestrating the NIL deals, Mario's reputation now strong enough to hire in guy s like Steele, Gattis and Strong. And TVD geared up for the best season we've had from a QB since Ken Dorsey. Plus the portal and the better preparation of top kids coming out of high school means it's a 1-3 year rebuild, not a 3-5 year rebuild.

agreed, timing and circumstances are key, here

In 2021 he had all the leverage that he didn't have back then - and I really think he's a more seasoned coach/CEO now

Advertisement

anyone that lived through the Butch Davis rebuild will, absolutely.

Advertisement
Back