Canesport's Matt Shodell on UM's 1st two recruiting weekends

Advertisement
cliff notes:

-said Amari wouldn't talk to Gadbois about coming to Miami according to Gadbois, Gadbois wanted to pull him aside and tell him why he should come; Amari's mom enjoyed visit
-Herb Waters is very soft committ
-Lockhart had to leave his visit early because his grandma was sick, in home this week, if goes well he thinks he is a Cane
-Southward may still be an option, still considering us
-thinks 6 WRs in this class
-doesn't seem as optimistic on PJ Williams; would be surprised if he doesn't end up at FSU- Mike still predicting Miami for Williams
-Bowman is a west coast guy, longshot
-Hamilton is solid after the visit, dad is a die hard Hurricanes fan; Jelani adamant he will be a DE
-think we will sign around 34, depends on how many they bring early
-Duke, Flowers, AJL, Northrup he singled out as "can't miss". Likes Dewey a lot, says he wouldn't be surprised if he pushes Morris or Williams.
-Miami coaches already talking to HS coaches about 2013 kids.

Getting are early start on 2013 should be a good sign that the 2012 class is almost wrapped up. Great job by Golden and his staff.

Advertisement
This PJ Williams thang is akin to the ole Mike Bakas fake outs.

Leading up to Signing Day:

"Remember the name PJ Williams"
"We have a good shot with PJ Williams"
"PJ Williams will take an official visit to Miami"
"PJ Williams 75%!"
"Like I told everyone months ago, we have a great shot at PJ Williams, don't be surprised if he is in this class!"
"I predict PJ Williams to Miami!"
/meanwhile, he's been committed to FSU, and most other pundits think he sticks with FSU

Day Before Signing Day:

"So, Mike, where do you think these guys will sign?"
"PJ Williams - FSU"

Signing Day:

PJ Williams signs with FSU
"Told ya"

Basically, we're hoping Mike Barrow kidnaps, and is holding him in a safe house ala the Ramon Buchanan story so he can fax his LOI from a secure location and without the initial backlash from locals.

Last edited:

"PJ Williams 75%!"
"Like I told everyone months ago, we have a great shot at PJ Williams, don't be surprised if he is in this class!"
/meanwhile, he's been committed to FSU, and most other pundits think he sticks with FSU

Day Before Signing Day:

"PJ Williams - FSU"

Signing Day:

"Told ya"

Basically, we're hoping Mike Barrow kidnaps, and is holding him in a safe house ala the Ramon Buchanan story so he can fax his LOI from a secure location and without the initial backlash from locals.

:ibisroflmao:

"PJ Williams 75%!"

Day Before Signing Day:

"PJ Williams - FSU"

Signing Day:

"Told ya"

Spot on. Bravo.

Advertisement

"PJ Williams 75%!"

Day Before Signing Day:

"PJ Williams - FSU"

Signing Day:

"Told ya"

Awww man. LOL

"PJ Williams 75%!"

Day Before Signing Day:

"PJ Williams - FSU"

Signing Day:

"Told ya"

Awww man. LOL

spot ******* on. jolly good rip.

Advertisement
That's great that the coaches are making up for a decade of lost time. Unfortunately, 2013 will be a small class, 15-18 max....

Getting are early start on 2013 should be a good sign that the 2012 class is almost wrapped up. Great job by Golden and his staff.

That's great that the coaches are making up for a decade of lost time. Unfortunately, 2013 will be a small class, 15-18 max....

As long as there is quality in those 15-18 we should be fine. Seems like we are getting a lot of kids in this class that will provide depth down the road, 2013 will be a class that we need to be much more selective with IMO.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back