CanesLegacy Show 6/6/21: 1998 Miami-UCLA Rewatch

View as article

Canes Legacy

Senior
Premium
After a suggestion from a viewer, we decided to take a look at the 1998 UCLA/Miami game. Edge went for 299 yards and Miami won in a thriller. Enjoy!

I forgot to post last week's show as well but we rewatched "The Comeback" led by Brock Berlin against UF in 2003. This game any Canes fan can watch 100 times and never be bored.

Advertisement
After a suggestion from a viewer, we decided to take a look at the 1998 UCLA/Miami game. Edge went for 299 yards and Miami won in a thriller. Enjoy!

I forgot to post last week's show as well but we rewatched "The Comeback" led by Brock Berlin against UF in 2003. This game any Canes fan can watch 100 times and never be bored.

Covington's Arm was soooo underrated...I stood next to his Mom on the sidelines the entire 4th quarter...Such a nice person...

Covington's Arm was soooo underrated...I stood next to his Mom on the sidelines the entire 4th quarter...Such a nice person...
Played well his one season. The 1998 team was young and developing and Covington was a key player in the transition to greatness came later. The UCLA game would definitely be his career highlight. 19 of 28 passes for 318 yards and three TDs.

Advertisement
Almost didn't go to the game after it was rescheduled. Especially after getting trucked by the cuse the game before. Glad I went. It was great celebrating on the field after the game.

Felt even better keeping that arrogant UCLA team out of the title game.

Almost didn't go to the game after it was rescheduled. Especially after getting trucked by the cuse the game before. Glad I went. It was great celebrating on the field after the game.

They were never the same after.

Advertisement

And put FSU into the Title game against Tenn...but with a Garbage *** QB Marcus Outzen...they had no shot...(my kids went to school with Outzen's sister in Fort Walton Bch...

yep, he’s right up there in the top 5 arms ever to play here - morris, vinny, Scott, Craig.
Testerverde had just as good of an Arm as Morris...and was a very good scrambler...His scramble against OU in 86, (with Bozworth running after him) literally sewed up the Heisman for him...

Testerverde had just as good of an Arm as Morris...and was a very good scrambler...His scramble against OU in 86, (with Bozworth running after him) literally sewed up the Heisman for him...

My list not in order. Yeah, I'd put vinny right up there with Morris.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back