CanesLegacy Show 4/4: Talking Old School Miami with Media Personality and Canes Die Hard Steve Kim

Y'know I dont mind the current Adidas gear for UM, but I really prefer(like you) the stuff Nike had for us. Especially at the end. I thought they got lazy with Miami for about a decade or so as the program declined, but the last year or so, the UM apparel from the Swoosh was pretty **** good in my view. I still have all of it
I just looked at your avatar picture. Adidas could hit a home run if it came out with a 1986 Fiesta Bowl Camouflage collection (disregard the game result and the 43 picks Testaverde threw that day).

Advertisement
Y'know I dont mind the current Adidas gear for UM, but I really prefer(like you) the stuff Nike had for us. Especially at the end. I thought they got lazy with Miami for about a decade or so as the program declined, but the last year or so, the UM apparel from the Swoosh was pretty **** good in my view. I still have all of it

I’ve said the same thing...from 2004 - 2013, Nike was pretty blah, but the 2014 revisal?? Fire! On & off the field. Pre-2004, It was always solid. Then they got lazy for about a decade...but 2014, was fire. The ire of the fans was the FAMU combo...but that combo was on Golden & the Equipment staff.

yo @Canes Legacy .... as promised. The famous Edgerrin James autograph after the UCLA game...

Attachments

• 20210405_134716.jpg
    20210405_134716.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Rell, absolutely it is. Funny story behind that, Im with Kaaya and his father the day after the FSU loss, so Im not in a mood to spend a lot of money at All-Canes. But Harry Rothwell says that it looks like it was the last year for Miami with the Swoosh. I couldn't believe it. So against my will, I paid 140 or so bucks for that sweatsuit and Ive never regretted it. That thing has gone everywhere with me

And what I love about that sweatsuit is that it's not tight or skinny fit. It's loose fitting and comfortable.

My guess is that I'll be buried with it when its time to go up to the Big Hurricane in the sky
K9Cane da gawd!!! Your stories are PRICELESS!!! I can listen to your Canes stories ALL DAY and it’s good to know there are passionate fans out there like me. I started following the Canes in 87 so what you talk about hits home to me. I remember going to the orange bowl with my dad and parking in peoples lawns. The OB was truely magestic like you said. God Bless the OB like Ed Reed said in the U documentary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back