CanesLegacy Show 4/4: Talking Old School Miami with Media Personality and Canes Die Hard Steve Kim

Advertisement
Advertisement
@k9cane Is speaking all fax, no printers including the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. The P.I was the big one, but not only did we call a horrible game on O, but ummm, b4 the P.I, we had OSU on a 4th & 14. If I’m not mistaken, OSU didn’t convert a 4th and 7+ all season; YET, Shannon decided to leave Frosh Glenn Sharpe ON AN ISLAND, on OSU’s best WR option. Smh.

Anyways Steve, that ‘14 sweat suit; is that the Miami Green Nike joint that’s a cotton/polyester blend?

Last edited:
@k9cane Is speaking all fax, no printers including the 2003 Fiesta Bowl. The P.I was the big one, but not only did we call a horrible game on O, but ummm, b4 the P.I, we had OSU on a 4th & 14. If I’m not mistaken, OSU didn’t convert a 4th and 7+ all season; YET, Shannon decided to leave Frosh Glenn Sharpe ON AN ISLAND, on OSU’s best WR option. Smh.

Anyways Steve, that ‘14 sweat suit; is that the Miami Green Nike joint that’s a cotton/polyester blend?

Rell, absolutely it is. Funny story behind that, Im with Kaaya and his father the day after the FSU loss, so Im not in a mood to spend a lot of money at All-Canes. But Harry Rothwell says that it looks like it was the last year for Miami with the Swoosh. I couldn't believe it. So against my will, I paid 140 or so bucks for that sweatsuit and Ive never regretted it. That thing has gone everywhere with me

And what I love about that sweatsuit is that it's not tight or skinny fit. It's loose fitting and comfortable.

My guess is that I'll be buried with it when its time to go up to the Big Hurricane in the sky

Last edited:
Rell, absolutely it is. Funny story behind that, Im with Kaaya and his father the day after the FSU loss, so Im not in a mood to spend a lot of money at All-Canes. But Harry Rothwell says that it looks like it was the last year for Miami. I couldn't believe it. So against my will, I paid 140 or so bucks for that sweatsuit and Ive never regretted it. That thing has gone everywhere with me

And what I love about that sweatsuit is that it's not tight or skinny fit. It's loose fitting and comfortable.

My guess is that I'll be buried with it when its time to go up to the Big Hurricane in the sky

Man, another reason y I miss our Nike days...just better fan stuff.

But man, really enjoyed the reminiscing on our good old days. Just sad that we are now calling them “old days.” To your point, and I’ve highlighted this in some post as well, but we have this weird relationship w/ our history. We have a weird relationship w/ reality, as well. B/c Blake says one thing to excuse the incompetency that’s transpired w/ hire after hire, but then schedules LSU & Bama as openers???! Serious disconnect.

Anyways, moving fwd to this season, looking at our schedule, I will be SORELY disappointed if we win less than 10 games; actually, I would be legit shocked. No reason or excuse as to win less than that. The only viable excuse was King, but now that we know he’s going be good to go, NO EXCUSE.

Last edited:
Man, another reason y I miss our Nike days...just better fan stuff.

But man, really enjoyed the reminiscing on our good old days. Just sad that we are now calling them “old days.” To your point, and I’ve highlighted this in some post as well, but we have this weird relationship w/ our history. We have a weird relationship w/ reality, as well. B/c Blake says one thing to excuse the incompetency that’s transpired w/ hire after hire, but then schedules LSU & Bama as openers???! Serious disconnect.

Anyways, moving fed to this season, looking at our schedule, I will be SORELY disappointed if we win less than 10 games; actually, I would be legit shocked. No reason or excuse as to win less than that. The only viable excuse was King, but now that we know he’s going be good to go, NO EXCUSE.

I get that they will probably not beat BAma, but every other game is there to be won.

As Tony Phillips once said famously, ''Wins and motherf****n losses,...... wins and motherf*****n losses..."

Advertisement
@k9cane spits out games and dates from 30 years ago without a 2nd thought and I can’t remember what I ate for breakfast by lunchtime.
I'm the same....drives my GF Nuts...She's like..."How in the **** can you remember every stat & game" from umpteen yrs ago....but forget to bring home something I reminded you about 78 times the day before??

Rell, absolutely it is. Funny story behind that, Im with Kaaya and his father the day after the FSU loss, so Im not in a mood to spend a lot of money at All-Canes. But Harry Rothwell says that it looks like it was the last year for Miami with the Swoosh. I couldn't believe it. So against my will, I paid 140 or so bucks for that sweatsuit and Ive never regretted it. That thing has gone everywhere with me

👆#commitment

Advertisement
I'm the same....drives my GF Nuts...She's like..."How in the **** can you remember every stat & game" from umpteen yrs ago....but forget to bring home something I reminded you about 78 times the day before??
When they tell you 78 times, you’re more likely to forget. Because at that point it just becomes background noise and you don’t even listen. I know, I’ve been there.

Advertisement
you @Rellyrell...I look so **** in this. Fresh Kim Ice is who I am

20210405_100911.jpg

you @Rellyrell...I look so **** in this. Fresh Kim Ice is who I am

View attachment 145289

Yep!!! That’s the joint! Our REAL green. I should’ve bought it when I had a chance bro. They had this at this sports store in The Bay. I said, “I’ll get it later.” Then the Nike deal went ghost. Went back to the store & the only sizes they had were XXL & XS. Smh. I’m so jealous, man. Smh.

Yep!!! That’s the joint! Our REAL green. I should’ve bought it when I had a chance bro. They had this at this sports store in The Bay. I said, “I’ll get it later.” Then the Nike deal went ghost. Went back to the store & the only sizes they had were XXL & XS. Smh. I’m so jealous, man. Smh.

Y'know I dont mind the current Adidas gear for UM, but I really prefer(like you) the stuff Nike had for us. Especially at the end. I thought they got lazy with Miami for about a decade or so as the program declined, but the last year or so, the UM apparel from the Swoosh was pretty **** good in my view. I still have all of it

Advertisement
Back