CanesInSight Podcast Vol. 3

View as article

Peter Ariz

All American
Premium
Elite defensive end prospect D.J Johnson joins Peter Ariz and calls the Canes his leader. CanesInSight's D Money discusses the state of the program less than a month away from fall practice. Peter breaks down the upcoming "Paradise Camp".

Listen below and subscribe on iTunes.

[SOUNDCLOUD]273417412[/SOUNDCLOUD]

Advertisement
Advertisement
Great work gentlemen.

To the other Hurricanes beat reporters - This is how it's done.

This kid is intelligent, and it sounds like he's a natural born Cane.
He's more informed about Coach Diaz than a lot of our own skeptical fans, lol.
These are the kinds of kids we need to focus on, to **** with chasing after all those egotistical South Fla Divas, OOS talent like DJ & Deejay are the ones who will be the future playmakers helping rebuild our program.
We need to put the full court press on DJ & not let USC or UCLA make up any ground they've lost since recruiting started.
The key will be when he visits with his father, we absolutely have to make him feel like this is home.

Advertisement
Also, the DeAndre Wilder thing is kind of confusing to me. He's seemed to be all Canes from the get go, but then I guess we "cooled" on him, but now maybe he'll commit this weekend & they still might not take him? Lol... Maybe I need to listen again.

Advertisement
These are the kinds of kids we need to focus on, to **** with chasing after all those egotistical South Fla Divas, OOS talent like DJ & Deejay are the ones who will be the future playmakers helping rebuild our program.
We need to put the full court press on DJ & not let USC or UCLA make up any ground they've lost since recruiting started.
The key will be when he visits with his father, we absolutely have to make him feel like this is home.

I like the kid, seemed genuine.

Northern CA ain't really USC/UCLA territory. If you look at the commits USC get from Concord De La Salle, it's not that many. USC controls So Cal, in particular the Gardena, So Central LA, Long Beach, San Diego and the Inland Empire. UCLA controls more less the Riverside, Orange County, West Los Angeles, Hollywood, and surrounding Las Vegas area. Northern CA is a beast of its own...most either go to either Berkeley or Stanford, as far as Cali...or they just bounce out of state...primarily to AZ or AZ St. Since he's an Adidas fan, AZ St is a school we should worry about, low key. But this kid may solidly be digging us fa real; and I truly hope so. Imma go check out a couple of his games this year. He plays only like 45-50 minutes from the crib.

The NorCal/Bay Area has been good to us traditionally. Actually they lead in producing legends over SoCal. Torreta, Dorsey, and D.J. vs. KW2 & Kaaya. Help me out if I'm forgetting another impact SoCal guy. Hopefully, we'll get another D.J. and a SoCal guy to keep the new D.J. company over here. I'm looking at you, Stephen Carr...

[MENTION=4648]Pete[/MENTION] much better sound quality. Might invest in a good mic-preamp down the road to warm things up a bit but much better.

Advertisement

Northern CA ain't really USC/UCLA territory. If you look at the commits USC get from Concord De La Salle, it's not that many. USC controls So Cal, in particular the Gardena, So Central LA, Long Beach, San Diego and the Inland Empire. UCLA controls more less the Riverside, Orange County, West Los Angeles, Hollywood, and surrounding Las Vegas area. Northern CA is a beast of its own...most either go to either Berkeley or Stanford, as far as Cali...or they just bounce out of state...primarily to AZ or AZ St. Since he's an Adidas fan, AZ St is a school we should worry about, low key. But this kid may solidly be digging us fa real; and I truly hope so. Imma go check out a couple of his games this year. He plays only like 45-50 minutes from the crib.

Rellyrell, way to put us Bottom boys up on West Coast game. NorCal & SoCal are like 2 different worlds. NorCal/Bay Area kids are Cal-Berkeley & Stanford dudes like how Duval/Big Bend kids lean towards the Turds & Holes initially. Like you said, if they don't go to those schools they bang it outta state. Maurice Drew (Pre-Jones) is one of the few instances where a Bay dude played down south. From my personal account though, I've met LA & Bay Area cats and they usually mesh well with SoFla guys,(my homie from Carson told me Dade is like L.A. but you can wear any color you want) so I expect D.J. Johnson to enjoy himself thoroughly next weekend.

[MENTION=3894]Peter Ariz[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]DMoney[/MENTION]:

Excellent segment. D Money, I appreciate your candor and honesty regarding the difference between Golden and Richt. I'm so happy I don't have to endure another season with that fake Tony Robbins roaming the side lines.

Keep it up! Good stuff!

You're definitely right about that, from what I've noticed Oregon got a lot of Bay Area kids during the Chip Kelly era.
The only reason why I mentioned those schools is because I think he has OV's to both programs if I remember correctly.
And it wasn't so much that I'm worried they're going to flip him, it's that he will essentially go where his father tells him to go, and my point was we have to keep on him heavy so that his dad feels more comfortable with him leaving Cali to go to school.

The NorCal/Bay Area has been good to us traditionally. Actually they lead in producing legends over SoCal. Torreta, Dorsey, and D.J. vs. KW2 & Kaaya. Help me out if I'm forgetting another impact SoCal guy. Hopefully, we'll get another D.J. and a SoCal guy to keep the new D.J. company over here. I'm looking at you, Stephen Carr...

Not impact guys (exclude Bar Milo), but they were highly recruited:

NorCal: Willie Dixon WR . Kyle Wright QB.

SoCal: Robert Bergman OL. Bar Mio OL.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back