Canesinsight message board

Advertisement
It's pretty ******* sad. The things people say on here? Wow.................. mind blowing.
This place is overly pc, overly triggered, overly moderated and overly filled with sunshine pumpers that can't speak openly and honestly like you would with friends at a bar about the reality of this team. You have to spin a rainbow in anything you say, not offend anyone on the internet, and generally lie a feel good rah, rah, male cheerleader version of everything. The thing I don't get is what's the point?

The message board should be closed after losses. Our fans are too emotional to think rational, especially the fans that are asking for a coaching change.

LOL

I hear ya. I thought it was a good game, and while winnable, and while I woke up with that hangover-y feeling, this is still a very young team.

On top of that the D, with three true freshman starting LBs as its core, held FSU, which despite being 3-2 coming into this game, had averaged 38 ppg against FBS opponents and tying FSU's lowest scoring total this season. Clemson was the other team that held them to 20.

Kaaya didn't play particularly well, I got tired of seeing UTM runs with no sweeps or anything, except backwards ones making the RB cut back across the backfield which against a team that has the speed of FSU isn't wise, the stupid penalties killed us and that targeting was utter BS and even that holding call on the run was questionable.

Having said all that, dang, let Richt have a season to figure out what he has. This is a helluva lot more entertaining and even hopeful than that **** that Golden and O'nofrio served up.

This D with that LB corps and a good recruiting class or two is going to be monstrous in two seasons, maybe even next season. Kaaya's clearly not ready for the NFL so hopefully he starts gelling with better play-calling on O and things start to improve.

Yes FSU was 3-2 entering this game, but they lost to two ranked teams and arguably the best team in the conference and one that's challenging for a national title at present, with the other also being no schlep despite a tough loss yesterday.

If Golden and O'nofrio had been coaching yesterday we'd have lost 52-13. Anyone seriously suggesting that we need a coaching change on our first loss needs to have their head examined. Talk about bipolar disorder. The last time that we started 4-1 or better was in Golden's only 9-4 season when we played 7 straight nothing teams before getting pounded by FSU 41-14 en route to a 2-5 finish.

If we don't finish 9-3 or better than we can talk, but as of now we can hang with one of the best teams in the nation with a bunch of youth and fruits of lackluster recruiting classes because Golden ran the program into the ground. Sure it was disappointing, but I saw a team with more talent and far more experienced talent than we had yesterday in FSU. Cooks is the real deal, that boy's going to light up the NFL.

Advertisement
Many posters get way too high after wins, and way too low after losses. We lost by one point, but the world is ending.

Somebody please get their board back up.

Lulz. Right

We have lives to ruin
Planes and banners to fly

I don't think I've ever been on your board so I don't know what it's like but if you'll fly banners calling for a new playcaller if this crap continues, then that sounds like a fine place to post. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen too many coaches around here who are set in their ways. They blame the players rather than adjust for their personnel.

That said... It's a little soon to be breaking out the banners on Richt. On top of it, at least he's putting $1M of his own moolah in the IPF. Alf simply absconded with the funds with Dorito and went back to Jersey/Detroit.

Last edited:
Many posters get way too high after wins, and way too low after losses. We lost by one point, but the world is ending.

Won't lie, today has been kind of rough, but it's the mans first year. I'm willing to give him time to build the program. The people attacking kaaya just make me chuckle. Kids not the best ever but he's no slouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lulz. Right

We have lives to ruin

I don't think I've ever been on your board so I don't know what it's like but if you'll fly banners calling for a new playcaller if this crap continues, then that sounds like a fine place to post. I hope I'm wrong but I've seen too many coaches around here who are set in their ways. They blame the players rather than adjust for their personnel.

That said... It's a little soon to be breaking out the banners on Richt. On top of it, at least he's putting $1M of his own moolah in the IPF. Alf simply absconded with the funds with Dorito and went back to Jersey/Detroit.

NO worries we are not flying any banners just yet... but Corch Richt is on notice after that awful performance Sat night..
Its like watching Golden with a good defense...

Advertisement
These are the same people who would have been flying the Butch banners in 97-98. You fire a coach, there is a reason for it. We have 70 scholarship players, are playing double-digit true freshmen in prominent roles. Not sure what people thought going into the season, but losing a 50/50 game to FSU does not impact any of the goals that were there. Get to 9-3, 10-2 and win the coastal.

These are the same people who would have been flying the Butch banners in 97-98. You fire a coach, there is a reason for it. We have 70 scholarship players, are playing double-digit true freshmen in prominent roles. Not sure what people thought going into the season, but losing a 50/50 game to FSU does not impact any of the goals that were there. Get to 9-3, 10-2 and win the coastal.

Hate to break it to you, but if we go 9-3 we ain't winning the Coastal. I think how we lost is what is upsetting most people. Several teams have given a blueprint on how to move and score on FSU this year and we didn't follow it. This team was ripe for the taking and this coaching staff(Richt) blew it, plain and simple.

I never bother with message boards directly after games win or loose because people get too high or too low. Win one game and everybody's asking "can we go undefeated????" Lose one game and everybody wants to fire the coach. The issue I have is with posters who disappear the entire off season, never post any info pre season, had nothing to contribute when the team won it's first four games but then came out of the woodwork guns blazing immediately after a loss. Is your life that terrible that you live to **** on (supposedly) your favorite team? You hate yourself so much that you can't be bothered when anything positive happens, only when negative stuff happens? Seems there's a few people here that fit that category.

Lulz. Right

We have lives to ruin

NO worries we are not flying any banners just yet... but Corch Richt is on notice after that awful performance Sat night..
Its like watching Golden with a good defense...

So it's not anything like watching Golden.

Advertisement
All the talking heads I hate, that talk about how ****** our fans are, are right. Its a joke. Coach Richt is not going anywhere anytime soon so everybody who is done now or going to be done after next week, then ****ing go. Start rooting for someone else, you won't be missed. But none of you will actually go anywhere, you will hang out on the circle jerk that is CIS and continue to dog our best players/coaches etc because your life is just that miserable.

Best post here!

Hate to break it to you, but if we go 9-3 we ain't winning the Coastal. I think how we lost is what is upsetting most people. Several teams have given a blueprint on how to move and score on FSU this year and we didn't follow it. This team was ripe for the taking and this coaching staff(Richt) blew it, plain and simple.

The blame lies everywhere. Blaming this or that is severely myopic. Let's face it, The hungrier team won the game.

Advertisement
That's why I go to **** sites after losses.....then again .....I go to them after wins too.

I think I have a problem

You have to sit back and put things into prospective. I was unable to see the game due to power outage from the hurricane. Only found one bar that was even open and had TV reception and they had a 3-hour wait to get in! I called my friend in Maine (couldn't get reception locally even on cell phones for a while) and he called me back everytime either team scored and gave me an ongoing update.

A neighbor who is a UF fan scarcastically said to me, "and most Cane fans thought they were back!" My response was, "well, let's see if the mighty Gators can only lose by 1 point". We are only one season removed from years of horrible coaching. I think Coach Richt will do reaL well with recruiting and we should be a whole lot better within the next couple of years but I did not anticipate it would happen over night, nor did I think we would win every game this year.

I don't have a problem with bashing of a coach as they earn big bucks but I very much dislike the bashing of the players. Kaaya is still the best QB we have had since Brock Berlin and I only hope that he does not read the Miami boards.

Last edited:
The only way to get people to talk in a civilized way about the team and to each other, is to post your real name and your avatar is your mug shot. The narrative around here would change quick. The crazies would go away but the board would slow to a crawl.

Advertisement
Back