CanesInSight Live Show - 3/10 ft. Travious Lathan

View as article
Advertisement
Rivals spoke with Lathan recently. He is planning on working out at the Rivals Camp this weekend in Miami. He is trying hard to get his ranking raised, believing he is under-ranked.

His Cane recruiters are Manny Diaz and Travaris Robinson.

“I talk all the time to them, and I mainly talk to coach Diaz,” Lathan said. “He’s a great person. I feel even if I don’t got to Miami he’ll be happy with whatever decision I make, but he hopes it’s Miami. He’s a great coach, I have a lot of respect for coach Diaz.”

He also said that Pitt and West Virginia are recruiting him hard right now. He is not planning on using an OV right now for Miami. He has his OVs slotted for Pitt June 3-5, West Virginia June 11-13 and Indiana June 18-20. He plans to use the other two OVs for two of these four schools: Oregon, LSU, Duke and Boston College.

“I feel an official visit is for out of town schools, I can go there (Miami) on an unofficial anytime,” Lathan said. “So I’ll just take unofficial visits to Miami.” He is looking forward to the BBQ on June 1st.

“I feel an official visit is for out of town schools, I can go there (Miami) on an unofficial anytime,” Lathan said. “So I’ll just take unofficial visits to Miami.” He is looking forward to the BBQ on June 1st.

Another one of these types, huh.

Lathan took an OV to WVA this weekend. Ivins wrote up a post OV interview. Says he's likely putting in a cb for him to WVA. Their board believes he committed to Travis Trickett Saturday night and confirmed it to Brown this morning before he left.

Advertisement
Nope. Don't think so. Think he's like plan B or C at Striker. Probably a guy we could get later if we wanted anyway.

I am thinking that 2022 Gulliver Prep LB Travious Lathan plan B status is now more of a A-/B+ status that is being revisited by UM'S staff.

Go Canes

Advertisement
LETS BRING THIS BALLER TRAVIOUS Lathan 🙌🏿 TO THE U👍🏾🙌🏿
4FF4EF8B-4657-4119-9CB9-459AEB87E633.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement

Scouting Report​

Athletic Background​

2021: Named LB MVP of the Under Armour Miami Camp.
2020: Got snaps on both offense and defense for a Raiders team that made 4A state playoffs during shortened season. Totaled 20 tackles. Caught 14 passes for 239 yards and two scores. Miami Herald All-Dade 5A-Ind. second-team selection on defense.
2019: Helped Gulliver Prep to a 10-1 record and a 4A regional semifinal appearance as a sophomore.

Not all smart people are smart. He has an offer from Yale but is gonna choose WV?!
You can’t make this sht up. I swear.

I honestly hope some adult talks some sense into him. Most players don't make it to the NFL. Take the Ivy League scholarship and get that golden ticket for life.

Advertisement
CaneSport has a write-up on him today, stating:
"Gulliver High School LB Travious Lathan
says he wants to have Miami under consideration. But he’s just not hearing from UM much.
He’s unsure if that’s because Cane coaches think they have no shot with him - he says that would not be the case - but he hopes that things will change in the near future."
"If UM does want Lathan?He says there’s a simple formula.
“Recruit me like crazy,” he said. “Then there would be a chance.”"
https://miami.rivals.com/news/local-lb-hoping-canes-want-to-get-back-in-the-mix

I honestly hope some adult talks some sense into him. Most players don't make it to the NFL. Take the Ivy League scholarship and get that golden ticket for life.
Not saying he should go to Yale. But I’m sure he has offers from schools with better academic programs then wv. But man that’s Ivy League is hard to pass up

Not saying he should go to Yale. But I’m sure he has offers from schools with better academic programs then wv. But man that’s Ivy League is hard to pass up

He most definitely does. The hill-folk out at the Agricultural College of West Virginia are not known for their rigorous course load or fine academic programs.

Their bottle throwing skills, however, are legendary. Some of their more famous alumni, such as Boyd "the Tooth" Boothe, are rumored to have been able to throw a half-full plastic water bottle (or a frozen C-Cell battery) from the 7th row of the lower-level student section all the way to the opposing team's sideline.

Advertisement
Back