Canes with the easiest schedule in the ACC?

It will all come down what our QB can do with hopefully a robust and creative playbook.
Nah it was more than the QB/playbook. If you look back at last years games you will see,
the only thing we did consistently good was play defense.
Our entire offense was a liability and lost us games starting with the scheme.
In addition to being totally predictable - our OL was porous, QB play was shaky,
WRs were unreliable, RBs had fumbling issues and the kicking game was lacking.
That’s a lot to overcome so we have a lot of work to do.

Advertisement
Nah it was more than the QB/playbook. If you look back at last years games you will see,
the only thing we did consistently good was play defense.
Our entire offense was a liability and lost us games starting with the scheme.
In addition to being totally predictable - our OL was porous, QB play was shaky,
WRs were unreliable, RBs had fumbling issues and the kicking game was lacking.
That’s a lot to overcome so we have a lot of work to do.
Yes I know that we had other areas where we weren't performing any where close to elite level, but I believe... and I'm sure most here will agree, that our biggest concern was our QB play and shiity play calling and execution.

I think we win 10+, but if we lose 3 or 4 games, and we play with an edge like a Miami team should, I wouldn't be too upset. We have a pretty young team with a new offense and new QB. We will win 10+ while playing like a Miami team should though. Speaking it into existence.
Dude, if we lose 3 or 4 games with THAT schedule, Manny should be fired. Idgaf about 1st year, playing with an "edge." All that matters is the W. We are much more talented than every team besides Clemson (turds are probably close) on the schedule; it's atrocious.
Enos is head and shoulders better than Rorcht and we already know the D will be championship caliber.

The D will be fine again. And no one on our schedule, not even the Turds, has nothing but 4-5 Star guys on their two and even three deep offensively.

This schedule awful and to top it off we have three weeks off during the season to prepare, heal and game plan.

3-4 losses would be catastrophic for a new staff looking to break this cycle of mediocrity.

Advertisement
SinfulReasonableHyracotherium-max-1mb.gif

Let's just win some games and have some fun. I have no problem if I end up pleasantly surprised at the end of the season, but my #TNM'19 resolution is just to enjoy some football and not play the role of Charlie Brown again this year.

giphy.gif

You always want an easy schedule in a coach's first year. You are trying to create buzz, get ranked, make a decent bowl and change the culture. This heightens the perception of the program and your new head coach which ultimately boosts recruiting. Doesn't matter who we play.

11-2 with a lot of cupcakes still looks better than 7-5 with a tough schedule. Recruits aren't adding up your strength of schedule.

You also don't wanna play too many strong opponents while transitioning into new schemes. (offense)

Get this **** hitting on all eight cylinders and then you can play that "anybody/anytime/anywhere" stuff.

I expect 9-3

More importantly I wanna see noticeable improvement in all phases as the season progresses, especially on Offense.

Richt's 1st year, we dropped 4 straight, but we finished strong and slapped around a top-20 team in the bowl game.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back