Canes vs virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
We're in a dogfight with a 1-3 team.... at home.

As others have noted, this sure looks like a coaching issue. That said, I think it would have been better if DJ Ivy didnt do mushrooms during warmups.

BTW - UVA's right tackle is holding Phillips on 2/3rds of the pass plays.

Advertisement
They do that cause by now they all know we won’t be prepared to defend it..whatever it is.
We are ever teams big game, even now when we haven't won, when you're in school and people bring up MIAMI, they say "Hey, you guys are playing MIAMI, do you realize they have won 5 national championships?" we are everyone's big game, so they save the best for us. we the ****

No. We're allowing them to control the clock. That's the problem, IMO. If we can manage more 3&outs... our offense would get more snaps. We saw what happened down the stretch.

We play prevent defense all game long. It’s very bizarre, not what we saw from Manny under Richt.

Advertisement
Anybody blaming the offense for our issues in this game is way off base. We can’t run the ball, which is sad, but we are able to move it through the air. The defense is letting this pop warner multiple QB garbage walk up and down the field on us, that’s the problem.
They allowed 7 points in a half. And that's the defense's job - to stop scoring. In today's college fb it's stupid to act as if 7 points in a half is some terrible thing.

We just refuse to use the middle of the field on offense, I see. This defense is really ****in me off. Bullsh1t half of football!

OL still trash. We weren’t going to become world beaters after last season overnight. Even UAB defense was plugging a lot of runs. We just broke some big ones.

Miami needs to up its OL bag and Miami also needs some grad transfers. Can’t roll out freshman that aren’t ready.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Lashlee's problem is he never keeps taking advantage of a clear advantage on offense, when something is working, he never maximizes it like a dominate team, if you can stop a specific element of my offense, i will keep doing the same thing until you prove you can stop it. Will Mallory is beating his man every time, i would keep throwing too him until the double cover, then you pick apart the next advantage, Lashlee keeps trying to scheme something, instead of using something that is working and forcing the defense to concentrate on one thing and then make another advantage
You are correct. It is maddening. He sees at the end of the half UVA corners are playing soft and bubble screen them to death down to the redzone. Gets to the redzone and gets away from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back