Canes vs virginia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
An incredibly embarrassing half of football.

Manolo and company have somehow managed to make the vaunted ****** D that allows 440 yds of offense per game look dominant, while getting outplayed by yet another offense with way inferior talent. This is unacceptable.

Advertisement
the name of the game on defense, is just like basketball now, but the best 11 athletes on the back 7, two fast DE's, and at least 1 DT that has get off, and run boys
What’s the point if they hold every play? Armstrong looking like fickin Vick back there and no flags smh it’s like the refs have sympathy for UVA or something

Advertisement
We basically allowed UV to hold on to the ball for ******* ever... and if our defense could ever string together some 3 and outs... our offense would GET MORE OPPORTUNITIES TO ******* SCORE..

But noooooooo..... we play a bend but don't break style of defense which allows the opposing offense to CHEW UP THE ******* CLOCK!!

Advertisement
When the last screen we’ve run? Not a **** bubble to a wr on the short side of the field, but a standard screen against these aggressive lines were playing to one of our rbs all of whom are good receivers?
Lashlee’s playbook consists of 5 plays

Was Bronco the HC at BYU when the Cougars ran for 500+ yards on Texas and DC Manny Diaz?

Advertisement
The reason is because the fanbase got what they wished for - this is the uptempo spread. Static WR alignments close to the sideline limits your options in the route tree. And defenses pack the box and bracket the TEs. This offense lives and dies with WRs winning 1on1s on the perimeter.
Having a short QB who can’t see over the line has to be part of the problem, too. I guarantee there are dudes open that he misses on a lot of plays.

You can run tempo without static alignment and WRs flanked so wide. It doesn't have to be the Baylor uptempo with a 3-route tree.
Absolutely. I could have clarified that with my post but the point remains that this is the offense most of the fanbase wanted. I warned them in advance.

I'd rather have a slower-paced spread with lots of split flow and more diversity of formations and alignments but apparently that's too much to ask for.

At least I will have the BYU game recorded to watch during the week and enjoy an innovative offense with an elite trigger man in Zach Wilson.

This just in “we’re a badly coached team”

Absolutely terrible. Alignment. Spacing. Reads/keys. Angles. Timing. Fundamentals.

I see little nasty or toughness. Serious question - do we hit in practice? Do we toughen each other up? Or oline does not initiate and punish. The stand and stalemate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back