CANES vs Vag Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Is it fair to say, it is an indictment on Gattis early on but also a good sign that he is not stubborn and open to listening and implementing what will even if it doesn’t fit with his ideal play calling?

Some coaches would wipe their *** with player input, even moreso in college I would think?
Yes. It’s a good look too

Interested to see what the offense looks like when X gets back. Have to imagine Young starts to get attention from defenses now.
Losing Mallory (who would have thought) will hurt still need a threat over the middle in the interim. Hope he has speedy recovery.

Advertisement
Did TVD do any work this off-season outside of golfing and hanging with Restrepo?

This offense legit looks like Gattis and TVD weren’t in the room together at the same time until Sunday after TAMU.
Not blaming him, but I wonder if TVD was eager to show he could run what Gattis and Mario wanted instead of saying early on he wasn't comfortable with it.

I feel like he would have had the cache to say such a thing wo penalty and the coaches would have listened.

Advertisement
One thing for sure, Flagg is a very good tackler. He might not always get to the runner, but if he gets his hands/arms on you, its a sure tackle. I seldom see him get dragged like some of our players. When he meets the ball carrier, its usually a tackle at the point of impact and no extra yards after contact. I think Flagg, Gill, and Kinchens are our 3 best tacklers.
He got dragged into the end zone last week on a play that should have been a three yard loss.

#18 Syracuse will never look right in my lifetime.

What? Who cares who is out. Colby is taking Reddings snaps moving forward
Who cares?

It took starting off 2-2 with a **** scheme for Mario and Gattis to finally realize that TVD needed to be playing out of the spread/RPO. They threw our season away by being hard headed to a fault.

Our WR’s look a lot better since last week, and Young was collecting dust while showing that he should’ve been getting major PT all along.

Advertisement
The last two weeks has given me so much more confidence in Mario/Gattis. Both want us to be a physical running team and that hasn't been working for us, so instead of forcing us to stick to the ground game he adjusted to what works for us. It shows that he adapt to what works.

Reactions: JD4
801E9CF4-86E6-4275-B3BE-E5F493756DB6.jpeg

Advertisement
I really dont get whats happened to this team. Totally different, top to bottom. I don't think I have been this pleased by a half of football this season.
Coaches realized what we are and what we aren’t. I’m glad we have a experienced enough staff who can implement and execute adjustments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back