CANES vs Vag Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Overall pleased with the 1H. Despite a crap ton on penalties, still pitched a shut out. Porter Jr is fighting out there at DB and looks good. Wes and the LBs are having a great game. Pass rush is getting there.

We found a stud in Colbie. I'm not going to completely **** on the coaches for not playing him way sooner because he came in the fall; maybe he wasn't quite acclimated. However, we have to see him on the field at all times from now on. Him and restrepo in november, combined with THIS Mallory and Skinner...not too shabby.

Gattis did this too late and probably due to injuries, but the play calling is night and day.
Ladson also is back next year as well. And i dont know how but ...Redding will only be a sophomore

IDK. You have Garcia on deck unless he transfers. I like QBs to wait and learn. Start in year 3.
Guys aren't sitting 2 years if they can play. Period. Let that go. If you have a guy that can play, that can help you immediately, you find a way to get them involved. If TVD is gone after this year, you have an open competition for the job, if Jacurri wins it, then great, if not, Garcia starts. No one is guaranteed anything.

You are kidding, right? Cristobal and Gattis finally pulled their heads out of their respective asses and started calling an offense that catered to TVDs skill set.
Exactly, but some people just seem desperate to believe an opposite narrative because they don't like admitting what that means. Oh well, at least the coaches do seem to have recognized it's better to try to win than prove an ideological point.

Advertisement
Ok Ok Ok. I like the adjustments made on offense. But lets relax and understand this has been vs UNC and VT. I think all of us here understand the sturggles we are going to have with the Oline when we step up in competition. Hate to be that guy, but I am going to be
Millie Bobby Brown Reaction GIF by Converse
Shannon Sharpe Wow GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha
Reactions: D7.
That’s a bigger indictment on him. @SWFLHurricane these folks don’t know what they’re saying when they say that.. the adjustments came at the suggestion of the QB.. smh
Is it fair to say, it is an indictment on Gattis early on but also a good sign that he is not stubborn and open to listening and implementing what will even if it doesn’t fit with his ideal play calling?

Some coaches would wipe their *** with player input, even moreso in college I would think?

Advertisement
He’s having a good game. So is TVD, so is Mallory, Colbie Young, and Brashard Smith. One or two good games doesn’t qualify you for all acc is all I’m saying. Everyone is overreacting based off of us finally leading in a game that we should be leading in.
Wasn’t just going by 1 game today herbie..I’m not overreacting. Let ppl be happy the canes are having a good half bro..we all know we aren’t the 1999 canes bro.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hope he keeps it up 1st rd TVD helps put Miami on the map.
I mean, I don’t expect greatness. Our OL is getting mostly trucked, but these are bad defenses and should be treated as such. All I asked for was to run the **** TVD was comfortable in. Whatever the results from that, My guess was we’d at least look competent against crap teams. Hope it continues.

Interested to see what the offense looks like when X gets back. Have to imagine Young starts to get attention from defenses now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back