CANES vs Vag Tech

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You guys are so starved for decent play that you see anything and claim all acc or 1st round NFL, etc. someone earlier saying we’re playing like champs lol. Get a grip. Nice to see us winning in ACC play but this is still overall poor. Barely any run game, too many penalties, too many points left on the field, etc. Bama would be up by 40 by now.
Still, good to see the coaches making positive changes.
Who said anything about 1st rd pick? I’m just going off his early szn production big dawg relax

Advertisement
Fellas, I love this board. But we might as well take green tree reports and use them as a *** rag lol
The thing is, practices and games are very different.

Some dudes practice well because the controlled setting is something they do well with.

Then other dudes’ skill set is beating the man in front of them with a different color jersey. That is Colbie Young.

Sure. I mean this is basically Lashlee's offence, down to the inside handoff as our only running play.
There’s some stuff being used like Rpo, and quick bubbles but it’s still Gattis’s offense. He’s just using space , formations and route combinations Tvd likes. The spacing , Rpo and faster pace being the biggest difference. More corner routes and seams are nice too.

Advertisement
want to see Young across the middle. if he can do that without getting alligator arms then he might be the real deal.

images

RIP Skipper!

Mario's reputation for fielding heavily penalized teams definitely was not fiction.

Penalties, schmemalties. Mario was there in the glory days on 1-1-91 😁

"Miami led 19-3 at halftime, but put the game out of reach with two touchdowns within five minutes in the third quarter. The Hurricanes also set Cotton Bowl and school records for most penalties (15) and most penalty yards (202) in a single game, many of which were for unsportsmanlike conduct. Partly as a result of controversy from this game, the NCAA instituted a new rule stipulating that excessive celebration would be a 15-yard penalty."

Advertisement
You don’t do that unless you have an option route or the go ahead by the OC to do that. What if TVD throws it to the spot you are supposed to be at? If that’s not sometimes we work on then he did his job. You don’t know the nuances they teach/want.

Ok.

Advertisement
740 passing yards in the last 6 quarters for TVD..
Who would have ever imagined that he’d be more comfortable in the sets and calls (RPOs) closer to what he ran successfully last season. Wild stuff. Definitely wasn’t mentioned *ahead of time* by dozens of amateur posters on a fan board. Whatever happens, we shall move forward, but that’s frustrating, man.

I know but it’s almost the half, u can save time, & in college the clock stops after every 1st down
I understand, but always better to save it in case you need to rush the field goal team on or the qb takes a sack. Absolutely the right call not to use pre punt. FWIW I was calling for time out also and then realized why they they didn’t call one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back