Canes vs UF - hotel suggestions

Their stadium must be a really special experience for that kind of $$$.
It's not at all. I found it very overrated when I was at school there. I loved my two years at UF because I'm a huge sports fan so I wanted to take it all in and enjoy it, and I especially enjoyed the sports that UM doesn't have. But the football experience gets a lot of hype simply because it's a big SEC school with a big on-campus stadium. The stadium doesn't hold in the noise very well, they don't do a good job of keeping the energy up (no music or anything) so everyone's just sitting down on their phones looking bored, and unless it's a really good game most of the students are gone by the third quarter to go drinking in Midtown. Plus, the concessions / bathrooms and all that suck. They just announced a huge renovation, but no one's really that happy about it because the dumbass AD plans to reduce stadium capacity along with it.

The tailgate situation is also one of the worst in the SEC. It's very scattered and not much of a community vibe that you get at other schools. I personally think this is where Miami has an advantage because our tailgates are like one big party. Tailgating at UF is honestly pretty boring.

Advertisement
It's not at all. I found it very overrated when I was at school there. I loved my two years at UF because I'm a huge sports fan so I wanted to take it all in and enjoy it, and I especially enjoyed the sports that UM doesn't have. But the football experience gets a lot of hype simply because it's a big SEC school with a big on-campus stadium. The stadium doesn't hold in the noise very well, they don't do a good job of keeping the energy up (no music or anything) so everyone's just sitting down on their phones looking bored, and unless it's a really good game most of the students are gone by the third quarter to go drinking in Midtown. Plus, the concessions / bathrooms and all that suck. They just announced a huge renovation, but no one's really that happy about it because the dumbass AD plans to reduce stadium capacity along with it.

The tailgate situation is also one of the worst in the SEC. It's very scattered and not much of a community vibe that you get at other schools. I personally think this is where Miami has an advantage because our tailgates are like one big party. Tailgating at UF is honestly pretty boring.
Maybe a thread for another day but I would put Notre Dame at the top of that list.

Advertisement
Thr Doubletree is were we stay for showcase in Newberry for backwards k. Lobby has a bar and some good seating has multi screen TV. They had PSU WV on in 4 frames and a few other on the rest of the frames

I was able to snag some redemption nights at the Marriott Aloft a couple of miles from the stadium right when they opened up the block of rooms for access. They have to offer a small percentage of rooms for redemption as part of the Marriott brand so they go quickly. Aloft is one of their lower brands but it is better than paying the crazy prices at the other hotels.

Advertisement
Maybe a thread for another day but I would put Notre Dame at the top of that list.
i went to the ND game in 2016. i don't tailgate to get drunk and rowdy, so the tailgate to me was fine.

however, i did want to say that the ND fans were the nicest most polite people i have ever seen. polar opposite of miami tailgates

i went to the ND game in 2016. i don't tailgate to get drunk and rowdy, so the tailgate to me was fine.

however, i did want to say that the ND fans were the nicest most polite people i have ever seen. polar opposite of miami tailgates
Nice people, that I do agree with.

As far as Miami tailgaters…as in all fan bases, there’s always going to be the good and the bad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back