Canes vs UF - hotel suggestions

What about tailgating what are the options that anyone knows of?

Not sure that there are "options", but last time I did a big tailgate with the RCT/Hurricane Mutiny crew, we found spots to the east of the stadium, off of 441.

There's been a lot of new construction, so no idea if there is still as much surface parking here. UiF has built more parking garages.

1706025195324.png

Advertisement
I've mentioned this before, but I have my graduate tax law degree from UiF (yes, that technically makes me an alum). I rented a house near the law school and used to ride my bike to the law school quite a bit (the on-campus parking was terrible even then).

I definitely know about that Hogtown humidity...
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers Someone GIF

i dont make the trip to FSU anymroe bc of that. its a pain really.

Yeah, Tallahassee is NOWHERE close to any bigger/better cities. At least you have some options trying to go to a Gators game.

I made the right choice this year, driving to Tally from Atlanta and then leaving immediately after the game. **** Trailerhassee.

I got a chitty hotel in Gainesville. No way in **** am I driving into that cesspool on gameday.

I got a room at the Days Inn and will use the Gator-Aider (Go-RTS) to get to and from the game. They pick up at the Oaks Mall which is very close to the hotel I got. I paid about $550 from Friday to Sunday. Maybe they still have a room.

Advertisement
Yeah, Tallahassee is NOWHERE close to any bigger/better cities. At least you have some options trying to go to a Gators game.

I made the right choice this year, driving to Tally from Atlanta and then leaving immediately after the game. **** Trailerhassee.
I live here so might need to set a spot for everyone next year it's here

I tried finding a room with with points from bonvoy Hyatt and ihg nono available Hyatt wanted 1000$ for a hotel that night in gainesville I booked a room in Ocala with points its 38 miles miles from stadium and on the way home I also had the same problem in Tallahassee last year and stayed home for the first time in 20 years
I tried Hyatt, Hilton and IHG and there were no reasonable redemption opportunities.

Not sure that there are "options", but last time I did a big tailgate with the RCT/Hurricane Mutiny crew, we found spots to the east of the stadium, off of 441.

There's been a lot of new construction, so no idea if there is still as much surface parking here. UiF has built more parking garages.

View attachment 280380

That tailgate was fire. CCanes and a few of the boys set that one up.

Good ol' days.

I was reading Norman Hall seems to be a spot. Which is right where you had circled but to across the road

View attachment 280380

Advertisement

View attachment 280380
Another great option is a little left of there, to the Plaza of the Americas, south of the Main Library. That's where we used to always set up when I was at school there. Granted this was over ten years ago. But it's a nice area, and not a far walk to the stadium. Lots of good foot traffic for you old horndogs.

Also, I think I snagged the last Days Inn room last night. Not at all sure I'll be able to go though (health issues), so if I can't, I'll be happy to give it to a Cane.

As individual cities, I think Trailerhassee beats Hogtown. However, you're spot on that Trailerhassee is the hub of it's area. Gainesville is not. Marion County has way more people than Alachua.

That tailgate was fire. CCanes and a few of the boys set that one up.

Good ol' days.

Yup, I was one of them. Ccanes lived near me in Orlando, I helped out with some of the other ones too. I found that sweet location for the UCF on-campus game too, ****ed off a LOT of UCF fans who didn't arrive early enough.

Advertisement
Yup, I was one of them. Ccanes lived near me in Orlando, I helped out with some of the other ones too. I found that sweet location for the UCF on-campus game too, ****ed off a LOT of UCF fans who didn't arrive early enough.

See, now, I didn't ask all that...

LMAO... JK

We took some dope pics. Would be cool to see those guys again, been a looooooong time. Set that **** up.

See, now, I didn't ask all that...

LMAO... JK

We took some dope pics. Would be cool to see those guys again, been a looooooong time. Set that **** up.

Some of the RCT/Hurricane Mutiny guys have come over here. But I've lost contact with Ccanes. I think he was working for Orlando City Soccer Club for a bit, but I haven't seen him in a while.

Advertisement
i'm making the trip. i rented an AirBnb that accommodates 10 people. paid over $5k for it for 2 days, better than paying for a ****** hotel. it is within walking distance of the stadium (1.3 miles).

Walking distance?

****, my brother, you paid their mortgage payment for the whole year...

i'm making the trip. i rented an AirBnb that accommodates 10 people. paid over $5k for it for 2 days, better than paying for a ****** hotel. it is within walking distance of the stadium (1.3 miles).
Their stadium must be a really special experience for that kind of $$$.

Looking forward to the season and never been to a game in trashville so I am planning on going. Is there a common hotel where it is common for the visiting team fans to stay at? Does UM have a hotel block for season ticket holders?

Don't sleep on St. Augustine, either. Can stay coastal opposed to landlocked in Orlando and the drive is comparable time-wise—albeit interstate north south versus some backroads east and west.

https://www.hotels.com/de1642979/hotels-st-augustine-and-vicinity-florida/

Advertisement
Back