Canes vs UAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I said it several times in the main thread. UAB is a solid little team but they don't have the depth when game gets into late 3rd and 4th quarter. A lot of these runs are due to defensive fatigue, but I don't know that P5 teams will wear out as quickly, which is my main concern.

Advertisement
UAB hasn’t been a scrub and they’re on game 2. We really shouldn’t have expected the world week one.

Another score and your looking at 38-14 vs a team that is better than FIU and La techs of last year. That’s in the first game with no spring. That includes blunders like the muffed punt. We’ll get there this season. It’s going to be good

low expectations I know but its a weird year

It’s clear as day to me that Lashlee wanted to keep it vanilla (yes, yes, I know y’all hate that idea), but realized that we had to pick it up.

Why would you go in thinking it's best to keep it vanilla? No spring camp or games. New QB. Limited reps for this offense. Games like this are what you use to see what you have.

If you think "showing" things is going to lessen your chances to beat your next few opponents, then you have little faith in your ability to outcoach the other guys.

Advertisement
I don't like the run game but I love our backs

Some of his designs leave a lot to be desired. But some of his matchup designs if called at the right time lead to really big plays. Once we get the chemistry down I hope we will look a lot better. But we can’t argue with the production. We haven’t seen this in a very long time.

Advertisement
Looks like they found Lashlee locked up in the closet and took the offense away from Jon Richt.Same guy couldn’t have called this whole game

Halftime adjustments by the offense have been incredible ❗️ This running game is very strong, and now the passing game is starting to click. This is Auburn /SMU all the way

One positive difference from last year is us (King) converting long 3rd downs we have no business converting, hope that continues

Advertisement
Why would you go in thinking it's best to keep it vanilla? No spring camp or games. New QB. Limited reps for this offense. Games like this are what you use to see what you have.

If you think "showing" things is going to lessen your chances to beat your next few opponents, then you have little faith in your ability to outcoach the other guys.
Probably wanted to keep some surprises for Louisville, but I digress. Not saying it’s the smart thing to do, but the offense looks completely different the last few drives. Much more creativity.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back