Canes vs UAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
It was 4th and 19, didn't want to give them the ball back if we don't get it.
Defense was playing well enough in the second, so I would’ve taken the risk. They also didn’t have any timeouts and at best they’re getting 20 seconds on the clock. Nevertheless, considering our recent luck, could see why he’d err on the side of caution.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Random thoughts from the 1st half:

* Based on what Ive seen thusfar, Im concerned about Mark Pope returning punts.
* King showed some flashes but appears to have holes in his passing game. (offset by my next point)
* Very vanilla offense thus far.
* Hedley remains to be very solid. Averaged 43 a punt with zero return yards, I believe.
* The O line remains to be the teams weak link.
* I have to wonder how much the covid nonsense affected the preseason training regiment.

Sloppy first half but that’s expected given everything that’s being going on but we will be all right. Defense is settling down. The most impressive player for me in the first half was easily Nesta silvera, he was ALL OVER THE FIELD. Cam Harris looked really good too

What? He’s averaging 3 a carry if you take away a sell out 4th and 1 broken arm tackle.

Passing concepts suck. I was hoping Lashlee would learn incorporate the Air Raid more.
The mesh that is the foundation of the Air Raid is non-existent.
There also doesn’t seem to be much RPO. Everything is either a read-option run or it’s a straight pass play.
He’s probably saving the playbook for conference games 🤣

Advertisement
When are the idiots that run this U going to hire a REAL COACH? I can’t even stand to watch the shytshow s we’ve had every season anymore. Either hire a qualified coach or drop to a lower division. This is just miserable football.

Aight look.

it’s game 1. Let’s see what this team looks like with adjustments after the half. Will be disappointed if King is held under 150 passing yard TBH.

UAB had a top 10 defense........NATIONALLY.

We will be lucky to get out of this game with 28 points....that’s kind of disappointing and tbh central Arkansas did more against this squad than Miami at home.

Hopefully there’s some offensive miracle in the second half where we score 40 points but right not that looks slim.

Defense is balling against an opponent it’s supposed to dominate they are playing well as a unit.

Third down conversions remain a problem. It hurts

Let’s see the leaders that we have on offense and defense step it up even more in the second half.

We are in a dogfight. And one mistake in the second half can change this entire game.

Advertisement
WR’s looks the same. Doesn’t seem like much happening in middle of field though. Idk about Lashlee so far.
We won5 take a leap till we improve at WR. Pope is useless, Hartley is vey average... .and Wiggins doesn’t do enough. No idea how we can’t find some WRs with size and speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back