Canes vs UAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
@dsddcane you are more plugged in than most. Can you confirm that manny actually took over? Or was it a pr stunt? Even so, diaz created more turnovers as a dc. Also seemed to “get it” a whole lot more than baker. Might just be the talent we had in secondary though
Yes I can. Far as baker goes I'll just say this job is the same for him as it is for our other lil dc in title only. Way above their pay grade.

But ur putting everything on baker when now they're collabing. Last season Manny flat out took over four or five games into the season & gave it back for the bowl game. Manny ain't got a clean slate either.
What are u seeing schematically on D..personally I wanna see us run more man principles on 3rd downs (we fine on 3rd today)..we stay in a lot of soft flats..we don’t have anyone in the interior to push the picket consistently..I think Nesta had one hurry and flashed in the backfield a couple times..but overall we lack a play maker at DT imo

What are u seeing schematically on D..personally I wanna see us run more man principles on 3rd downs (we fine on 3rd today)..we stay in a lot of soft flats..we don’t have anyone in the interior to push the picket consistently..I think Nesta had one hurry and flashed in the backfield a couple times..but overall we lack a play maker at DT imo
This system isn't designed for the dt to do anything more than push the pocket. This is why I say it lacks substance. We should be running nothing but man. The problem is when we insist on forcing the striker onto the field. Almost exclusively when we bring on the striker we go double eagle or dime. That leads to soft flats. We didn't even get a challenge schematically out of uab. This should've been nothing but practice. Honestly I'm just hoping on both sides of the ball that's why we looked so ordinary. Just praying we didn't wanna expose our hand.

Advertisement
This system isn't designed for the dt to do anything more than push the pocket. This is why I say it lacks substance. We should be running nothing but man. The problem is when we insist on forcing the striker onto the field. Almost exclusively when we bring on the striker we go double eagle or dime. That leads to soft flats. We didn't even get a challenge schematically out of uab. This should've been nothing but practice. Honestly I'm just hoping on both sides of the ball that's why we looked so ordinary. Just praying we didn't wanna expose our hand.
I’m tipsy just walked in the crib so forgive any mispellings bruh...I 100% agree on the first part. Sometimes this D is gunna look like our guy are being pushed around but for 2 years I’ve been saying it almost by design. It’s a feast or get gashed D that is elite when a 3tech is making plays. Either we are in backefielld causing havoc or we give up chunks. As far as UAB challenging us, defensively they put extra ppl in the box more with c4 behind it from what I saw. in their week 0 I feel like they played a lot of c3sky or c2. Offensively I’m actually impressed with the room the online created. Defense, especially in the backend I’d like to see more man v man. I get what’ baker is running . when the pocket is collapsing and the QB is taking licks (see FSU last year) it looks good especially during longer developing pass concepts. But when QBs are getting out quick there’s a lot of opportunities for positive plays. Overall I look At this game as this, we have ******* QB. Best since brad mentally imo. Oline still needs to improve but they look better in this system no doubt (UAB has a good front 7). Defensively, mainly in the secondary, 8 got beat twice. One for a tub That he was in position to play but once again didn’t finis. and another that shouldve been. Couch also made a bonehead mistake tryna under cut a wheel route. Blades was solid but still a tick late on closing space. Our safeties Are legit (Although UAB really didn’t challenge them in coverage . Bubba played a lot more downhill in this one game then he did at Any point last year imo. Carter was in the right spots. And 26 laid the wood...linebackers idk what anybody says Shaq and pink will be missed especially 55.. I understand why 44 is startin. Brooks and Huff, IMO just off this game haven’t taken that next step yet. But expect them to rlly come along. steed moved pretty well and put himself in position at least 1 TFL..IMO Physically this team looks like a SEC team all up and down the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back