Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really surprised they buried him in the depth chart with how he played the first 2 weeks. Think we ran well nonetheless but maybe Thad get's a TD in the redzone that we needed.
We ran the ball well and went away from the run in the redzone. I think they put entirely too much faith in tvd.

Advertisement
This is something Cristobal will recruit away in 2 classes.

We are beating everybody on our schedule not named Clemson.

Let's see if we correct these mistakes moving forward.

In year's past we fold in that environment.

Know we arent. There are teams in the ACC with much better offense than this TX AM offense and they will finally attack this defense.

Im gonna keep it a buck tthe weakness in this d is the secondary and their tackling.....Its some acc teams real soon that will test that...and with this offense....woosh.

I know now why our defense came out slow first couple weeks of the season. They haven't been able to practice against a competent offense.

I don't blame these guys for getting burned in the air a few times 1st 2 weeks since they've been practicing against this BS every day

Advertisement
Yeah I saw the game. That’s an offense not tailored for any premier wr. That’s an offense that Charlie Jones the Iowa transfer to Purdue would thrive in. You want Charlie Jones or the Ohio state boys?
Which premier WR on the roster should we be tailoring the offense to right now ?

See, I don't get caught up in stats. They don't mean **** if you don't put points on the board. Forget TOP and all those other things people love to talk about, show me what you can do when the field is compressed as it is in the red zone. A&M played soft as **** on the backend to keep everything in front of them with two safeties over the top most of the game. You're always going to move the ball like that, they're giving you everything underneath. Then we're in a hole, they're playing safe, you get yards.

When the the actual **** is nearly 400 yards something to be impressed by? For real, that's common as **** in the modern era of football.
When did Lashlee put up #s against better defenses? He didn’t. From drops to miss throws, that’s why we didn’t get into the end zone not the scheme or playcalling.

I tried to temper expectations, but fans love Kool Aid. I’ve been following this team for way too long & this roster was a lucky 7-5. The team is playing harder, but the roster is inconsistently constructed.
I thought there might be a chance here. And there was. Muffed fumble and 2 missed FG cost the game. Plain and simple.

I am encouraged, overall.
yeah i don't see it with the mope gang at all on this one. we were mega overrated at 13 and a&m was underrated coming off their bad loss, and we went toe to toe with them even with some big mistakes and bad breaks. i'm not sure i'm especially encouraged for the immediate future- the receivers were otherworldly bad and TVD was super out of sync, and idk how fixable that is. but we did a lot of fundamental stuff right in this one that gives me confidence in the coaching staff overall.

Advertisement
Sorry to break this to you brother but if you don't believe in yourself you won't succeed IDC what you're doing. You need to believe in yourself and then you'll see it happen. Can't win if you go in thinking you're going to lose lol
I hate to break it to you, but coaches who believe in themselves and their ideals and keep pounding a square peg into a round hole end up unemployed.

You design your O around the players you have, not the players you hope to have someday.

Time was our greatest enemy. Don’t like the check with me on every play and hiking the ball with :04 on the play clock. And the end of the 1st half was bad clock management. Should have tried to get something at the end. Don’t want to hear special teams was bad at that time.

I liked the way they got him involved better last year.
Me too but even last year it took him until the second half to get out of his head and into the game. I thought he'd grow out of that over the summer with experience but it hasn't.

If we're sticking with this scheme then we might need to go to Garcia because I don't think it takes him a half of trying to ease him in before he starts playing with confidence and making throws. TVD has proven he needs it and we won't be able to give that to him with a new more balanced offense

Advertisement
Kids played with a TON of heart tonight boys. Culture of quitting has definitely changed.
Void of playmakers on OFF at WR.
DEF is legit.

I didn't believe it before tonight but we have a very good chance of being a 1 loss team heading into the Clemson game. FSU game will test us as well...but I think our WRs improve as conference play kicks off in 3 weeks.

2-1 and on to Middle Tennessee State

Advertisement
100%. He had at least 3 head scratcher 3rd down calls in the 4th quarter alone. Most of the team showed up, but this L is on Gattis and his anemic offense.
I agree! I mean he couldn't throw one wrinkle in there?? If you're going to run a qb at least bring in J. Brown. You know the receiving is lacking utilize the tight ends.

When was the last time that we scored a TD in a matchup against a Top Team on the road. I’ll wait.

Mario had the chance to hire Brady, Briles, and a few other OC’s that would have had this offense humming. Instead, he went with the guy that would run the bro offense that he loves, and that has always failed him.

This performance was beyond pathetic.

NC is gonna run a train on us, and I’m really worried about our game against the Holes now. This was as bad a passing offense as I can remember at Miami. The tempo is horrendous. No rhythm. The WR routes take forever to develop. No RB screens.

The only thing that works in the offense is the consistent 3 to 7 yard runs. Very few big plays out of the running game, too. Just pathetic.
Yeah, well we have the worst WR’s in the nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back