Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
When was the last time that we scored a TD in a matchup against a Top Team on the road. I’ll wait.

Mario had the chance to hire Brady, Briles, and a few other OC’s that would have had this offense humming. Instead, he went with the guy that would run the bro offense that he loves, and that has always failed him.

This performance was beyond pathetic.

NC is gonna run a train on us, and I’m really worried about our game against the Holes now. This was as bad a passing offense as I can remember at Miami. The tempo is horrendous. No rhythm. The WR routes take forever to develop. No RB screens.

The only thing that works in the offense is the consistent 3 to 7 yard runs. Very few big plays out of the running game, too. Just pathetic.

Attachments

• 2EC813AC-EB61-470B-B7E1-A85D9C6EBC73.jpeg
    2EC813AC-EB61-470B-B7E1-A85D9C6EBC73.jpeg
    96.2 KB · Views: 5
Had **** near 400 yards of offense… Gattis didn’t tell TVD to run on 3rd and long or miss open wrs when they were open. He schemed guys open multiple times, not much more you can ask for. You execute and it’s a different story.

See, I don't get caught up in stats. They don't mean **** if you don't put points on the board. Forget TOP and all those other things people love to talk about, show me what you can do when the field is compressed as it is in the red zone. A&M played soft as **** on the backend to keep everything in front of them with two safeties over the top most of the game. You're always going to move the ball like that, they're giving you everything underneath. Then we're in a hole, they're playing safe, you get yards.

When the the actual **** is nearly 400 yards something to be impressed by? For real, that's common as **** in the modern era of football.

Advertisement
Same Style O that Mich and UGA and dropping 40 on ppl with but yeah that’s why TVD missed easy reads and throws.
Going to be a loooong time before we see those results. Maybe your grandkids will enjoy the fruits of Mario's 15th recruiting class.

Debating who lost the game: the coaches or players is futile. Miami will ALWAYS find a way to lose. It's a U thing, you wouldn't understand.

Advertisement
You said it on the pod before all this started fam. Realistic expectations.
It's on both the players not executing and coaches corching

I tried to temper expectations, but fans love Kool Aid. I’ve been following this team for way too long & this roster was a lucky 7-5. The team is playing harder, but the roster is inconsistently constructed.

See, I don't get caught up in stats. They don't mean **** if you don't put points on the board. Forget TOP and all those other things people love to talk about, show me what you can do when the field is compressed as it is in the red zone. A&M played soft as **** on the backend to keep everything in front of them with two safeties over the top most of the game. You're always going to move the ball like that, they're giving you everything underneath. Then we're in a hole, they're playing safe, you get yards.

When the the actual **** is nearly 400 yards something to be impressed by? For real, that's common as **** in the modern era of football.
Give me 300 yards and 24 points and I'm much happier tonight.

Advertisement
Definitely some positives tonight....only the miserable pos around here will deny that.
But the offense is something to be concerned about. I really like what happening on the OL but man the concerns I believe are legit.
The d showed me something tonight. Ivey played his best game of his career, Flagg played solid. The only ones I had issues with were Steed, Keontra Smith, and Couch who I have never really been a fan of.

Gattis called a great game in the first half. Van Dyke made some bad throws/decisions, WR’s didn’t catch and get open, and the OL was solid aside from a couple penalties.

Special teams was a disaster all around except for Lou.

I’m not going to name names but there’s some guys who don’t belong on this team. Mario has to get his guys in here and it will take a couple cycles. If the offense takes that next step then I don’t see why we can’t have a solid season.

Believing isn't going to scheme dudes open. By the way, Mario has a history of getting little from talented QBs.
Sorry to break this to you brother but if you don't believe in yourself you won't succeed IDC what you're doing. You need to believe in yourself and then you'll see it happen. Can't win if you go in thinking you're going to lose lol

Advertisement
It’s a bad loss. Their secondary was badly undermanned and we still couldn’t scheme a dude open

What game did you watch? Mallory and Redding were schemed opened.

One was a catch the other was a bad miss by TVD.

This isn’t a video game. You aren’t going to call magically plays where guys are open on every snap. At some point the WR and QB have got to make a play.

he’s looked uncomfortable as **** all year. He’s a rhythms passer and this offense has SLOW developing plays.
It's slow in every way possible. Even when punting near the end of the game they milked the **** clock.

Btw, moving fwd:

Can we cut the bull chit of these secret play books? We did this chit w/ Richt, Enos, Lashlee, & now Gattis. What we saw in The Spring Game is what we’re seeing today.

Pls stop being so gullible & caught up in beating up FCS & **** poor G5 teams. I would figure some of ya’ll would’ve learned ur lesson for the past 18 yrs, but some r glutton for punishments.
And kill the hype Kool aid bull****… TVD is struggling badly - just ******* say it

Well good news is we should score 50 next week and look like some killer offense again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back