Canes vs. Texas 8 & 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
i have no issues with the playcalling.

Our redzone execution was terrible and TVD looked really bad, a long with the drops when he make decent throws.

It can be both. Gattis doesn't do anyone any favors, that's for **** sure.
Had **** near 400 yards of offense… Gattis didn’t tell TVD to run on 3rd and long or miss open wrs when they were open. He schemed guys open multiple times, not much more you can ask for. You execute and it’s a different story.

Advertisement
The OL is for real. TVD barely got touched all night. Run game had open lanes all night. Had some holding calls but still a good night against supposedly a super duper talented DL
They were better tonight for sure. They weren't bringing much and flat out daring us to try and beat them on the ground. I know A&M has signed talent, but they weren't anything better than last weeks DL.

The L was on the coaches aside from the holding penalties.

2 never should have been the punt returner. You are what your film says you are. 15 is the 1 receiver. 4 should be put in better position to make plays. The plays to the Te that worked were 1st quarter calls to get shot plays ready.

That was a dominant loss for the canes. A shame

Advertisement
App state gave us the formula, but we tried to do it another way. We should've kept running right at them. Thad only having one carry is a failure by the coaches.

Advertisement
WRs can't scheme themselves open. TVD hates this O for a reason. You can see it in his eyes. It sucks. Last year the O was humming. This years it's choking.
Same Style O that Mich and UGA and dropping 40 on ppl with but yeah that’s why TVD missed easy reads and throws.

Explain the Redding miss that could have gone for 6 or the numerous ****** decisions Van Dyke made. Don’t worry I’ll wait.
If you throw the ball 30 times, no ones open on 20 and you have to hold the ball where you get hit 10 times, at some point, you play ****. TVD had an off night, but so did everyone else minus the O-Line.

In the receivers case, an off-night would actually be a compliment.

You expect this board to believe that TVD spent no time with any WR outside of X….

That’s not the leadership we’ve heard about…

Advertisement
Purge the Manny guys. Once Mario hires a special teams coach and gets his recruits in here then yea could be something there.

Definitely some positives tonight....only the miserable pos around here will deny that.
But the offense is something to be concerned about. I really like what happening on the OL but man the concerns I believe are legit.

If we ran a spread offense that never has any idea how to run the ball and throws it 350 times with these receivers and shook to death TVD we would've been 3 and out machines and lost 39-0.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back