CANES vs Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

She’s officially good luck 🍀 she WILL be posted in every game thread until she’s not lmao Go Canes!

E48D8602-E88C-4F43-8D4C-41A6CA94AE42.gif

72E54468-9600-4B46-A848-B105017DAAC5.gif

Advertisement
@TheCigar help me out, guy. I’m admittedly one of the least knowledgeable x and o’s guys here. With that said, this is what I see...

Jarren can’t throw deep and holds the ball too long. He’s not super mobile but he’s a better runner than Kaaya.

Kosi is A good runner but inaccurate and makes boneheaded plays then comes to the sidelines looking like a deer in headlights.

Neither seems complete. What do you see differently. I’m actually trying to believe in a QB on our roster?

Jarren is good at utilizing multiple reads, has a good arm, is mobile but not an run first QB, and when pressure comes he keeps his eyes up (can't teach that).

Internal clock needs to get better, but that is a reps thing (not saying reps are the end all be all, but that is a learned skill).

Deep ball...I have NO idea. Never seen anything like it. He has an above average arm (not a cannon, but you can see the strength when he plants and throws on intermediate routes & throws into traffic), but on the deep ball his mechanics break down & timing goes out the window. Almost feels like he's just trying to guide the ball rather than just letting it go. It's really one of the craziest things. Don't have any answer for this, but it's so crazy that the staff in practice should have the WRs going all out w/out coverage and just telling JW cut it loose to hit them. It's crazy, but at this point that might be the best thing to do.

Jarren is good at utilizing multiple reads, has a good arm, is mobile but not an run first QB, and when pressure comes he keeps his eyes up (can't teach that).

Internal clock needs to get better, but that is a reps thing (not saying reps are the end all be all, but that is a learned skill).

Deep ball...I have NO idea. Never seen anything like it. He has an above average arm (not a cannon, but you can see the strength when he plants and throws on intermediate routes & throws into traffic), but on the deep ball his mechanics break down & timing goes out the window. Almost feels like he's just trying to guide the ball rather than just letting it go. It's really one of the craziest things. Don't have any answer for this, but it's so crazy that the staff in practice should have the WRs going all out w/out coverage and just telling JW cut it loose to hit them. It's crazy, but at this point that might be the best thing to do.

And again, he's started 5 games (one w/a bum shoulder), and has been elite in terms of completion percentage. That's a kid you try to build around rather than a rush to change things. Young QB's struggle, but elite completion percentage lets you know you have something to work with.

Jarren’s actually really good with the intermediate passing. This line is so bad though, I don’t get why Enos won’t go straight spread. It seems like that would really help him.

And again, he's started 5 games (one w/a bum shoulder), and has been elite in terms of completion percentage. That's a kid you try to build around rather than a rush to change things. Young QB's struggle, but elite completion percentage lets you know you have something to work with.
The OL. I really blame Enos for much of it. He’s not putting Jarren in the best position to succeed.

Advertisement
Jarren’s actually really good with the intermediate passing. This line is so bad though, I don’t get why Enos won’t go straight spread. It seems like that would really help him.

I'm not sold on the full spread. I've been upset with the Enos play calling, and it needs to improve. But at the end of the day w/the OL being as poor as it is, we just can't get a true read.The OL is just so bad that whether it's spread, play action, double TEs, it just doesn't matter. When your OL is this bad you can't really get an idea of who your play caller is.

Today we literally did everything people have wanted - WR screen, spread, traditional I, double TE, etc. - but non of it mattered because of the OL.

I'm not sold on the full spread. I've been upset with the Enos play calling, and it needs to improve. But at the end of the day w/the OL being as poor as it is, we just can't get a true read.The OL is just so bad that whether it's spread, play action, double TEs, it just doesn't matter. When your OL is this bad you can't really get an idea of who your play caller is.

Today we literally did everything people have wanted - WR screen, spread, traditional I, double TE, etc. - but non of it mattered because of the OL.
Pitt ran on us with 6 lineman. Do we have the capability of doing that, with what we have?

Huge L for all the ******* Perry lovers out there. Jesus Christ guys how can you be THAT stupid on your number one hobby?

Here’s an antidote - murder yourselves
This is no loss for anyone. When he had time he delivered too. Nobody's a "slurper" for supporting our qb. Our qb being them ALL. You just got a personal beef with the guy.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back