Canes vs Pitt - All the Marbles

Advertisement
What’s the reason they have such a terrible time closing games? Is it as simple as Wong has a low basketball IQ and Pack has the skill set of a severely undersized SG that’s masquerading as a PG? So basically lack of true elite ball handler
Wong inbounding is a huge part of the problem and L refuses to do anything about it. Pack's ballhandling is another issue. Joseph is our only natural PG and is a good FT to boot, so I don't understand why we don't go offense/defense with Omier in those situations.

Advertisement
Probably me

the sopranos hbo GIF

No question. Him and Omier are the dudes.
Miller and Omier (except for fouls at times) have the least slip-ups among the top contributors. Wong has the most bad days, but probably is the best when he's on, which is maybe 75% of the time? Several other players can be awful, but also ON, like Wooga tonight, and others. Consistency would help (go far or even win something big.) It's really hard to forecast where we end up.

Advertisement
What’s the reason they have such a terrible time closing games? Is it as simple as Wong has a low basketball IQ and Pack has the skill set of a severely undersized SG that’s masquerading as a PG? So basically lack of true elite ball handler
If I had to give a simple answer when there’s likely multiple things at play…. My answer would be the team doesn’t use timeouts when they have them in their back pocket. Let’s use a 5 game sample size of our struggles late in games. Each game I have either said to myself or posted on this board that we have timeouts to use if we get in a bad position late in games aka a good trap like we saw from Pitt tonight.

We are too good from the line as a team to struggle the way we have all year. Come next week our guys need to know that timeouts are our friends with a lead late in games… we haven’t shown that all year

Doesn't Coach L have somebody watching replays especially during time outs to check on things like a three pointer than was clearly a two?

The officials were incompetent right there, but if they didn't review, it was on Coach L for not asking for a review.
That's on the assistants. That said, a middle school ref asks for a replay in that situation.

Doesn't Coach L have somebody watching replays especially during time outs to check on things like a three pointer than was clearly a two?

The officials were incompetent right there, but if they didn't review, it was on Coach L for not asking for a review.
Yes but he left to go to the bathroom

Advertisement
Canes hoops instagram page posted that miami was 2023 co champs? Are they sharing the title with UVA or something

Glass half full this team went 24-6 / 15-5 and won the Acc regular season even though they’re very suspect in late game situations , blowing most of their losses late. Glass half empty , not sure how that’ll play in tourney time when games are close and there’s high pressure situations.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back